• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Jison Mapmod for JTS (non Gold) Versions - BETA
02-05-2015, 10:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-05-2015, 10:48 AM by Strela.)
RE: Jison Mapmod for JTS Versions - BETA
(02-05-2015, 09:38 AM)trauth116 Wrote: It probably is appropriate at this stage to make the distinction that this has all been David's adaptation of Jan's Mapmod work.

I only mean this in the sense that I have never known Jan to use stock graphics and that there are many stock graphics involved in David's files.

I don't know that Jan won't at some point do up some versions on his own -but, knowing now that he is actively engaged in designing graphics for projects in development by JTS -I am sure that those are his priorities.

At some point when I earn a title from some side testing I will see if I can get one over to Jan so that he can play around with things at his convenience (which is open ended intentionally).

I do know David likes to work on graphics as well, so I imagine this all has posed a challenge to him as well, so I hope that it is all a win-win situation for everyone.

But anyway, I guess my point too is that Jan might have a different approach for all I know. That and I appreciate the way that Tiller allows users to work on graphics and adapt them to their own preferences. ;)

For clarity....

I am only providing the files required in the Map Directory to allow Mapmod to work on the JTS versions. Jison recommends you load Volcano Man's art first and then his Mod. You can do exactly that if you have a JTS version, you just need to load the files I have provided last for the Mapmod to work. I have only adjusted the absolute minimum number of files required (12) to get Mapmod working again.

I have sent Jan the files I have done for review and to see if they are of any value to him. It will be up to him if he believes there is value in officially supporting the JTS versions going forward.

Finally on the question of graphics on my part, yes I spend a lot of time on graphics as evidenced on what was released in Kursk Panzer Battles. That title, as shown in the Panzer Battles forum is being reviewed for new terrain graphics also. Ultimately I'd like to do my take on Panzer Campaigns as well. I don't view that there is any issue with more or less mods for any series...

David
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jison Mapmod for JTS Versions - BETA - by Strela - 02-05-2015, 10:05 AM