• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Trying to get The Long War to work
01-24-2015, 06:17 AM,
Trying to get The Long War to work
I made LW folder, copied saw contents to it, ten updated with saw version 1 and 2, deleted all oob and scn files and then installed LW and update and still, all I am getting is the map for offline and email games.

Any idea to get it working? It used to work when I had XP. The others like aiw, aaw still work, just LW doesn't.
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2015, 03:13 AM,
RE: Trying to get The Long War to work
When I replaced my computers, all I did was to copy each and every SB folder from the old computer over to the new computer under the HPS Simulations folder and they'd work no problem. I never re-installed anything. Maybe give that a try.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
01-27-2015, 03:51 AM,
All my games are kept on an external HD. Micha sent me his working game folder and had me switch out exe files and now everything is working fine. Thanks.
03-29-2018, 05:28 PM,
Hello,
is there a public download link available for the Long War mod? Any links (other than scenarios) seem to direct to dead sites on wargamer.com...
03-29-2018, 06:17 PM,
I wonder if these are not files taken back by their creator, some years ago, after he had taken umbrage for some reason (someone not crediting him or using the files for something without getting due permission).

If I am not confusing with someone else's mod, then you will not find any download link. But maybe some other member could provide them to you.
03-31-2018, 03:10 PM,
Mh ok, thank you for the information.

The lack of replies probably means no one is willing to share the files via private message or email?
I can't imagine that the files are not available anymore at all, it seemed to be a very popular mod.
04-01-2018, 01:46 PM,
(03-31-2018, 03:10 PM)Wingnut Wrote: Mh ok, thank you for the information.

The lack of replies probably means no one is willing to share the files via private message or email?
I can't imagine that the files are not available anymore at all, it seemed to be a very popular mod.

I sent you an IM Wink
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
04-01-2018, 03:23 PM,
Message received, thank you!