• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

played panzer campaigns demo - what next for small scenarios?
01-24-2015, 09:57 AM,
RE: played panzer campaigns demo - what next for small scenarios?
None of the PzC series have linked battles to make up a campaign - what one game has the all have, and that is one item that none of them have. I am not sure what makes you think Tobruk has linked campaign games?

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2015, 10:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-24-2015, 10:00 AM by whiskeytown.)
(01-24-2015, 09:57 AM)Ricky B Wrote: None of the PzC series have linked battles to make up a campaign - what one game has the all have, and that is one item that none of them have. I am not sure what makes you think Tobruk has linked campaign games?

Rick

am I missing something there? Here is what the description on JTS website has. Either way I still like this particular front for it's simplicity and purity of tank warfare :)

Scenarios

51 starter and intermediate historical scenarios.
7 different campaign scenarios.
A master map measuring over 160 by 110 kilometers.
Over 1000 units represent the Afrika Korps and the British Eighth Army, mainly at battalion and company level.
01-24-2015, 10:33 AM,
So the 7 campaign scenarios would be of the full battle type of combat, related to the various Tobruk battles, rather than a linked series. Each is standalone. In actually looking at the scenarios listed here, I think they are mostly variations of Crusader, although that still doesn't account for 7 campaigns, so I am not sure what drove a count of 7 scenarios that represent a campaign. There are Brevity and Battleaxe, so that plus some variations of Crusader may make up the 7?
[Image: exercise.png]
01-25-2015, 02:29 AM,
Eventually, you will have to pick up Alamein and Tunisia to go with Tobruk. you will be able to kind of play the North African campaign, but will have to go through and pick out the scenarios. Also pick up the add ons with the Italian invasion and British counterattack.
02-03-2015, 03:33 PM,
I feel like I should update this thread a bit with my findings....

Smolensk '41 def. has more of what I'm looking for in the smaller engagements while still having some big campaign games - it's personally not the campaign I know the most about, but hey, how hard can it be. It's 1941, and the Russians are in front of you - try to run over and isolate them :)

I might add, if you have one, the Ipad version of PzC is simpler, yet almost identical in play to the main game. The Free intro gives you a good stepping point into the campaigns.

RB