• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

2D Color Bridges
01-16-2015, 05:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-17-2015, 04:24 AM by dgk196.)
2D Color Bridges
Hello....

Tried something out and it seems to help when using the 2D map. I've found that you can change images inside of some 'map file' images. Specifically in this instance I went into the 2DHexsides100.bmp and changed the size and color of bridges. The images could use some professional touches to clean them up, but for now I was just trying out the idea to see how it looked. It seems to help and is intuitive and doesn't seem to need very much of an explanation as to how it works.

For 'Heavy Bridges', they are green in color. For 'Medium Bridges', they are colored in yellow. For 'Light Bridges', they are colored in red.

[Image: ScreenShot006.jpg]

The 'angles' of bridges do not match perfectly and the height needs some work. The program cuts off the size of bridges that run vertically. So, if someone out there can help 'clean' up the images it sure would be appreciated. Please feel free to modify this concept in anyway you like.

Here is a close up of the 2DHexsides100.bmp that shows the three bridge classes as modified by me.

[Image: ScreenShot007.jpg]

I didn't modify all the images as you can see, since I'm not sure what effect it would have on the map. So, I modded only those that appear to be needed at this time.

Dennis Jester
Quote this message in a reply