• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Loading troops and equipment back onto waterborne transport vessels
01-01-2015, 10:12 PM,
Loading troops and equipment back onto waterborne transport vessels
Fighting in the French Indochina as CEFEO I have encountered again an apparent issue; once I commanded a Dinassaut force and I have just remembered that my problem was that at some point I had unloaded part of the force to sweep the river banks, but then it turned out that they are unable to get back to the LCIs. Same here again, the French support troops dismounted their sampans and now they cannot get back. Am I wrong or there is really no way in SB to get onto the boats back after prior disembarkation?
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2015, 12:55 AM,
RE: Loading troops and equipment back onto waterborne transport vessels
As far as I know, you can embark again on a vessel as long as the ground unit and the vessel are in the same hex. I have done it where there is a beach or shallow water hex.

If there is no such hexes or your transport is not amphibious to move onto a land hex, then you are out of luck.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
01-03-2015, 06:12 AM,
Merci monsieur.

Debrouillez vous pour la Patrie et mort pour la egalite, liberite ... eee ... Indochines ... fraternite. C'est la guerre.

Anyway, have some laugh and thanks a lot.
01-08-2015, 03:41 PM,
I am pretty sure that Dog Soldier is correct. I made the assault boats in a Falklands scenario amphibious so that they could enter a land hex to load, but I included in the notes that the British player was not supposed to use them as trucks. You can also use a dock (road that enters water) to load if the stacking limit for roads is not exceeded.
01-20-2015, 09:03 AM,
I see , thanks a lot again.
01-20-2015, 11:20 PM,
From the User Manual:

Since Infantry cannot unload in Water hexes, a special rule is provided to allow Infantry to unload from Boats. It is possible to unload units from a Boat or Amphibious Unit in a Water hex provided the Boat or Amphibious Unit is facing a non-Water hex. When the units are unloaded, they will be placed in the non-Water hex. Note: in the current implementation, once units have unloaded from a Water hex, they cannot reload.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4