• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FWWC Recmmendation/Questions
12-30-2014, 01:24 PM,
FWWC Recmmendation/Questions
The FWWC series keeps calling to me, so I think it's time to indulge into one of the titles. I was considering EP, but I see that it has scenarios that interface with the F14 Grand Campaign scenarios. Would it be better to start with F14?

Really need to get some ladder games going again ... that time of year when the cold weather gives me more of an opportunity for gaming Helmet Wink

Any thoughts or recommendations on the FWWC title would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
"Damnation seize my soul if I give your quarters, or take any from you." - Edward Teach
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2014, 09:18 PM,
RE: FWWC Recmmendation/Questions
My opinion is that both titles are equal in everyway apart from the campaign represent, I think a lot of people might go for F14 just because its subject matter is better known, while detailed info on the Eastern Front can be harder to come by, so pick whichever one's subject matter interests you the most and go for that. Wink
12-31-2014, 12:33 AM,
If you have any interest in WWI, you will not be disappointed with either title.

Both titles come with a ton of WWI background info in such depth and thoroughness, that you will think that you are reading a book published by the Imperial War Museum. Wink

The "icing on the cake" is the super high quality unit art that Jison created for both titles, that is now stock for both titles.

If you decide on France '14, I would suggest getting the JTS version.

http://johntillersoftware.com/WWICampaigns.html

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
12-31-2014, 12:22 PM,
Thanks for the recommendations. I picked up F14 from the Tiller store and am quite certain that EP will soon follow. The same thing happened with Pzc ... one day I had had Tunisia and the rest soon followed. My wife was not happy ;)
"Damnation seize my soul if I give your quarters, or take any from you." - Edward Teach
12-31-2014, 12:28 PM,
Great news; Congratulations!

It is always nice to hear that we aren't the only ones who are addicted to John Tiller games. Big Grin2

Don't forget to make sure you update F'14 to version v1.05 which can be found here:

http://johntillersoftware.com/Updates.html
01-01-2015, 08:31 AM,
It's nice to have such a great support group for this addiction Wink

Got the update ... love the art work and map ... time to learn a new war!
01-01-2015, 08:08 PM,
(01-01-2015, 08:31 AM)Buccaneer Wrote: ... love the art work and map ...

Remember to uncheck "Hex Outlines" in the settings drop down menu to get the full effect of Jison's map(s), several members missed that piece of info in his instructions. Wink