• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

DAESH : Middle East 2014....
12-23-2014, 05:12 AM,
DAESH : Middle East 2014....
Hello...

I don't want to bring any conspirationist or political debate here...I would like to just open a purely military discussion...I have been playing 15 years on TOWN. This is enough for me to be sure at 99% that what is happening in the middle east currently is a big lie... How is it possible that the DAESH forces can not be stopped by the NATO aircrafts which are supposed to have an absolute air superiority against a quite weak army fighting in a desertic area...

Is there some scenario editors who are working on this topic already ? Whistle
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2014, 07:15 PM,
RE: DAESH : Middle East 2014....
Hitler's wargames prior to operation "Barbarossa" reinforced his assumption that the "rotten house of cards" should fall into pieces once properly pressed and the Red Army should be defeated yet before the advent of the winter and that is why Wehrmacht and the like weren't even issued any winter greases for their equipment, there weren't any plans for that as there were no expectations the campaign would last past autumn. One of the official history lies based on the Nazi "Deutsch Ubermensch" successful propaganda is that going to war with the Soviet Union was "Hitler's gamble" blaming Hitler personally for the defeat there as the common conception of the WWII history allowed itself to be falsely persuaded that the Germans couldn't not have made such a mistake consciously.

Anyway, linear measures typical for regular warfare and hight tech large scale high tempo military operations are often deficient against asymetric opponent - examples are Vietnam, Afghanistan and so on.
Quote this message in a reply