• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

*** Scenario of the Month: November 2014 - Parings
11-13-2014, 08:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-15-2016, 05:18 AM by raz_atoth.)
*** Scenario of the Month: November 2014 - Parings
Gentlemen,

Below are the pairings for the Scenario of the Month: March

A quick remainder about the workflow:

The allied player is the one who will start the setup and send the first turn to his axis opponent.
The games are to be played using 'Iron' as skill level,unless otherwise agreed.
The game will count as an on-ladder game and will be reported just like a regular game unless you otherwise agree with your opponent.

Please don't forget when your game as started to post here,so we can keep track on the games which are in-progress.

CW - The Mace

Allies - Axis

Fusilier9 - Safetyman (v3.1) [Abandoned]
Floki - raz_atoth [FINISHED] *
BrosifBallin - patton1945 [FINISHED] *
Domfluff - Raging Al [FINISHED] *
ChappyCanuck - yarmaluk [FINISHED] *

TWC Priolo Crossroad

Allies - Axis

DB_Zero  - Panzer Lehr [FINISHED] *
laska2k8 - BrosifBallin [FINISHED] *
Raging Al - giobaratto [Abandoned]
a1steaks - Domfluff [FINISHED] *

Dawn Patrol

Allies - Axis

raz_atoth - Fusilier9 [FINISHED] *
BrosifBallin - DB_Zero [FINISHED] *
gruntsmart - a1steaks [FINISHED] *

You can contact your opponent by going to his profile and either sending him a private message or emailing him using the site's interface ..(see the below picture)

[Image: profile.jpg]

Good luck to all of you.

Raz.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2014, 11:55 PM,
RE: Scenario of the Month: November 2014 - Parings
sent my setup to BrosifBallin

TWC Priolo Crossroad

laska2k8 - BrosifBallin
11-15-2014, 03:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2014, 03:21 AM by Domfluff.)
Setups exchanged for a1steaks vs Domfluff -- TWC Priolo Crossroad

(Which looks like a lovely tight little scenario so far)
11-15-2014, 09:10 AM,
Sorry to sound like a complete novice, but I've just tried downloading TWC Priolo Crossroad from the Repository, but after copying across into the Scenarios folder I am unable to see it in the list of Battles in CMFI. It's only showing as 128KB size which is weird as all the other scenarios seem to be around 1MB. Can anyone please advise the correct download process?
11-15-2014, 09:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2014, 10:00 AM by Domfluff.)
Setups exchanged for Raging AI vs Domfluff -- CW The Mace

I'm not sure I've ever actually completed a battle of this size, so this will be new for me :)

(11-15-2014, 09:10 AM)Raging Al Wrote: Sorry to sound like a complete novice, but I've just tried downloading TWC Priolo Crossroad from the Repository, but after copying across into the Scenarios folder I am unable to see it in the list of Battles in CMFI. It's only showing as 128KB size which is weird as all the other scenarios seem to be around 1MB. Can anyone please advise the correct download process?

128 kb is correct - it's a really small, flat scenario.

Windows path for the .btt file should be:

C:\Users\(Username)\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files\Scenarios

- the earlier games used a different structure.
11-15-2014, 06:38 PM,
(11-15-2014, 09:48 AM)Domfluff Wrote: Setups exchanged for Raging AI vs Domfluff -- CW The Mace

I'm not sure I've ever actually completed a battle of this size, so this will be new for me :)

(11-15-2014, 09:10 AM)Raging Al Wrote: Sorry to sound like a complete novice, but I've just tried downloading TWC Priolo Crossroad from the Repository, but after copying across into the Scenarios folder I am unable to see it in the list of Battles in CMFI. It's only showing as 128KB size which is weird as all the other scenarios seem to be around 1MB. Can anyone please advise the correct download process?

128 kb is correct - it's a really small, flat scenario.

Windows path for the .btt file should be:

C:\Users\(Username)\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files\Scenarios

- the earlier games used a different structure.

Thanks for the reply, Dom. My problem stems from upgrading to v3.0. By doing that I realised that I was unable to continue a previous PBEM battle. I was advised that I could install a second copy at the original version, but I think this has now replaced 3.0 (probably because I didn't specify a save location) and it does not see any of the saved games! I think I'm probably going to have to speak to Battlefront Support to resolve this. Only affecting CMFI/GL.
11-15-2014, 11:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2014, 11:06 PM by Domfluff.)
I haven't dealt with Battlefront's support, or ran into any problems with their restrictive DRM (so far!), so I don't know how this would affect their licencing... but would it make sense to uninstall both copies, then install a copy, patched and expanded to version 2, then copy that and install the patch to version 3 on the copy?
11-17-2014, 03:41 PM,
TWC Priolo Crossroad - DB_Zero - Panzer Lehr

We have begun.
To The LAST Man, with the LAST round ... We FIGHT!!![Image: CM.png]
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." ~ Napoleon
11-18-2014, 01:36 AM,
(11-15-2014, 11:05 PM)Domfluff Wrote: I haven't dealt with Battlefront's support, or ran into any problems with their restrictive DRM (so far!), so I don't know how this would affect their licencing... but would it make sense to uninstall both copies, then install a copy, patched and expanded to version 2, then copy that and install the patch to version 3 on the copy?

Yes. There is an install order that needs to be followed but you have summarized it pretty well. The official word is here: http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/128133

I hope that helps. CMBN works really well with multiple installs because each version's game files are separate. Once you get the two installs up and running you will be happy I am sure.
11-18-2014, 03:22 AM,
CW - The Mace

Battle has begun between me and Raz, 1 minute down on a 2 hour battle.