• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question re Krutoy Log
11-09-2014, 01:33 PM,
Question re Krutoy Log
Something I can't figure out. Some German units are able to cross the river "on foot" and in T-mode. But some are not. Can someone help me understand why that is?
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2014, 02:40 PM,
RE: Question re Krutoy Log
I think the reason some unit can cross on foot in t-mode is because the are light infantry to have a motorized infantry or halftrack mounted infantry they have to go on foot
11-09-2014, 10:19 PM,
That's odd, they behave as if they're Amphibious or being Ferried across the river when On Foot and in T-mode.

I just checked if they might be flagged incorrectly in the database editor, but that's not the case, but maybe there's a hidden entry for on foot infantry in T-mode.

I just checked if this is possible in Moscow '42 as well, but it isn't.
11-10-2014, 02:35 AM,
What's particularly odd is that some work and some don't...and it's not consistent from start-up to start-up. Try moving the units in 22,2 and 21,3 across the river as an experiment. Then restart the game and do it again. For me, the combination of units "permitted" to cross the river has been different every time. Perhaps it's a bug, but either way, it makes the right flank scenarios rather difficult to play. Unless I'm missing something fundamental.
11-10-2014, 04:15 AM,
Didn't look at it, but is it engineers ferrying ala PzC ?
11-10-2014, 04:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2014, 04:42 AM by redboot.)
(11-10-2014, 04:15 AM)Kuriltai Wrote: Didn't look at it, but is it engineers ferrying ala PzC ?

Ahh. I think that is it. I just reread that rule and the ferrying engineer can't be in T-Mode to ferry units. I think sometimes I'm putting that unit in T-mode before everyone is across. I'll experiment with it but I think you're right. Thanks.
11-10-2014, 05:28 AM,
Silly, should've checked that. I thought it also happened for hexes without engineers, but yeah, it seems to be normal ferrying.
11-10-2014, 01:57 PM,
Kuriltai has it right. Units are being ferried across when they are non-motorized or motorized infantry set to 'on-foot', meaning they have left their vehicles behind. There are bridges maintained by German bridge engineers for other units to cross the Northern Donets River.

Check the stacks adjacent to the river at start. Some engineers are set to 'on-foot' so they can ferry across and clear minefields in front of the PzGr. Other engineers in the stack are not set to 'on-foot'. These are the engineer companies conducting the ferry operations.

[Image: Krutoy%20Log.jpg]

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp