• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SPWWII Tech Problem - Unit Icons Missing
11-05-2014, 02:48 AM,
SPWWII Tech Problem - Unit Icons Missing
Some of my unit icons refuse to show up. I've never had an icon for my Tiger tanks, for example, but now I'm working on a scenario set in N. Africa 1942-43 and I did a buy for the Yanks and the icons for the light tanks were there when I did the deploy but when I go to game test it, they disappear.

In both cases there is just a little flag in the hex, so you at least can "see" (kind of) that there is a unit, but it's annoying, to say the least.

I haven't messed with anything whatsoever in the full version. Can I just reload it or will that screw up all the games I have in progress? Also, I bought the full version in the spring, but did the download not the CD. Will Shrapnel let em do another download?

Any advice would be great. Thanks for reading.

--Mike D.
"What passing bells for those who die as cattle?/ Only the monstrous anger of the guns./ Only the stuttering rifles' rapid rattle/ Can patter out their hasty orisons." - Wilfred Owen "Anthem For Doomed Youth"
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2014, 07:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 10:30 AM by oldrocky.)
RE: SPWWII Tech Problem - Unit Icons Missing
You have a year to re-download at Shrapnel if I recall correctly. I would advise you unzip ( or install if needed) the game in a folder on your desktop then you can copy the Data/Graphics files into your old game and it shouldn't effect any ongoing games.
11-07-2014, 12:12 AM,
(11-05-2014, 07:53 AM)oldrocky Wrote: You have a year to re-download at Shrapnel if I recall correctly. I would advise you unzip ( or install if needed) the game in a folder on your desktop then you can copy the Data/Graphics files into your old game and it shouldn't effect any ongoing games.

Thanks!
"What passing bells for those who die as cattle?/ Only the monstrous anger of the guns./ Only the stuttering rifles' rapid rattle/ Can patter out their hasty orisons." - Wilfred Owen "Anthem For Doomed Youth"
11-07-2014, 06:14 AM,
Here's the fix from Shrapnel: http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=50216

Apparently I didn't load the patches correctly. Hope this helps anyone else if this comes up.