• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Night Scenarios
10-28-2014, 11:49 AM,
Night Scenarios
Gents,

I recently installed 2.02 and checked out some of the NIGHT scenarios in CS and noticed that the observation range was set for all scenarios at 1. Am I missing something? I thought 2.02 was supposed to fix the night scenarios.
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2014, 04:57 PM,
RE: Night Scenarios
Have you seen this: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3698766
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-29-2014, 01:02 PM,
Thank you. That's very disappointing. The night scenarios used to be some of my favorite scenarios. The inability to fix the night fighting system means I probably won't play them until the bug is actually fixed.
10-29-2014, 03:34 PM,
(10-28-2014, 11:49 AM)Schwerpunkt75 Wrote: Gents,

I recently installed 2.02 and checked out some of the NIGHT scenarios in CS and noticed that the observation range was set for all scenarios at 1. Am I missing something? I thought 2.02 was supposed to fix the night scenarios.

I am not sure I understand what you're saying here about observation range. General visibility remains the same while Gun Flash observation visibility is now set at six.

Which scenario were you looking at?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-30-2014, 03:48 AM,
(10-29-2014, 01:02 PM)Schwerpunkt75 Wrote: Thank you. That's very disappointing. The night scenarios used to be some of my favorite scenarios. The inability to fix the night fighting system means I probably won't play them until the bug is actually fixed.

For older legacy scenarios, night visibility remains (generally) at 1 hex, same as it has always been. (Unless, for new scenarios, the Dynamic Day/Night & Visibility system applies, in which case night visibility can vary as much as the scenario designer wishes.)

What has changed is Gun Flash Visibility (GFV), which before varied widely (and in some cases stupidly?), but now is generally fixed at 6 hexes. Before, in the Hex Info Box, Visibility showed GFV, not Night Visibility. So for night scenarios, where before in the Hex Info Box you might see Visibility anywhere from 1 to 20 (or even higher), now you will generally see just 1. The show-stopper night visibility bug in 2.01 was fixed in the latest 2.02, as described in excruciating detail here.

There is one remaining bug (as far as we know) -- where for legacy scenarios, in certain circumstances, the GFV might abruptly change in mid scenario. We have suggested workarounds for that. All described here.

There is no "inability to fix the night fighting system", rather just a series of unfortunate oversights and goofs. In the next (and distant) JTCS update, we expect all night visibility issues to be fixed to everybody's satisfaction.