• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

QB map question
10-26-2014, 01:06 AM,
QB map question
I've read the guidelines regarding QB's because I want to give my opponents a good FAIR fight. So I have a question regarding the maps used.

Do you guys play on different maps or do you like to play a select few that you like? If you've played the map before should you tell your playing partner or is it just assumed that most guys have played the map and are familiar with it.

I just started playing QB's and already feel that I'd like to play a map over again just to try new things out.

Input from experienced players please.
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2014, 02:33 AM,
RE: QB map question
I would say let your opponents know that you want to play on a map you have used before - may of us have played on the same map more then once. For me the time between has been pretty long so I would probably no mention it. If it is back to back I still don't see a problem but if you tell your opponent that is the case then you have nothing to feel bad about. If I were the opponent I would be totally fine with that. Map preview should be allowed in that case for sure.

OT I, personally, think map preview should be on unless there is an agreement not to have it on - like you guys wanted a totally random map that neither side new anything about.
10-26-2014, 10:32 PM,
Cat said it all - full agreement here regarding the settings (map preview allowed) and the communication with your opponent.

But I for one don't even want to know if my oppo already played the map or not - it doesn't have any effect on my tactics/strategy/gameplay/fun. And scenarios I don't play (or only with players/friends I trust to 100%).

Just only to mention it: The map that you picked for our current match I haven't played before. Helmet Smile
10-27-2014, 02:22 AM,
Agreed with all comments especially map preview. I'm pretty well a virgin when it comes to the QB maps so (to Shorker) it's my first time too.

Even though there are a lot of choice for QB maps, a lot of them seem to be on the boring side. I can see myself playing what I think are good ones more than once.
10-27-2014, 03:02 AM,
Yes, mate - absolutely! And don't worry - every opponent is different: Even if you think you "know" the map - your next oppo will surprise you again! Helmet Wink

Playing Combat Mission in H2H is the absolut best! Smile
10-28-2014, 12:41 AM,
(10-27-2014, 03:02 AM)Shorker Wrote: Yes, mate - absolutely! And don't worry - every opponent is different: Even if you think you "know" the map - your next oppo will surprise you again!

That is so true.

Communicating with your opponent is the key thing. I think most of us experienced players would agree that while the map certainly shapes the battle in many ways, having played on the map before vs not playing on the map before is *not* going to be the key factor in a battle. However I can see some people disagreeing with me on that - I'll argue with them about it (politely of course:-) - but you will both be happier if you keep everything in the open and agree to play a different map or other people. Of course I'm just repeating my self now so enough said and happy battling.

I would challenge you myself on which ever map you wanted to try again but I am currently having trouble getting all my turns turned around each day as it is. This game is loads of fun though.
11-01-2014, 09:05 AM,
This game is loads of fun even though my opponents are handing it to me. Leaning lots though.