• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Alt_McNamara OOBs?
10-19-2014, 02:42 PM,
Alt_McNamara OOBs?
I'm looking to use the alt_McNamara OOB for Minsk 44 but noticed that I only have alt pdt and OOB files, but not the unit.dat files for each country. Does the alt_McNamara OOB use the standard unit.dat files, or am I missing the alt versions?

I tried checking on the Volcano mods website but for some reason I am getting a "You don't have permission to access / on this server" when I try to go there.
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2014, 01:31 AM,
RE: Alt_McNamara OOBs?
I am not sure I follow you, but not sure why. There is only a single units.dat file per nationality, and I have never seen anyone distribute an update to it including VM. I believe it is basically used for default values for components to then add to an OOB.

If you want to update your version with the values from a VM OOB, I believe you simply open the OOB in the OOB editor that you want to use the values from, select Save All under File, and that updates the units.dat file with that components and values in that OOB. To change a component, you would edit it, select save, and then update values to get that updated in the OOB, prior to saving all (or it will at least potentially save in the values from another version of the component you just saved).

There are probably more wrinkles to it, but I just gave it a try and everything worked the way I noted above, with a few stumbles in getting values updated and saved.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
10-20-2014, 04:54 AM,
RE: Alt_McNamara OOBs?
(10-20-2014, 01:31 AM)Ricky B Wrote: I am not sure I follow you, but not sure why. There is only a single units.dat file per nationality, and I have never seen anyone distribute an update to it including VM. I believe it is basically used for default values for components to then add to an OOB.

OK thanks, I wasn't sure if the unit.dat files were only used for default values or if I also needed revised dat files to use the alt McNamara OOBs.