• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Reinforcements question
10-09-2014, 11:37 PM,
Reinforcements question
Hi !

A quick question.
Does the "Strength Report" and the "Show Organization" Dialog always show all units (formations) available during the scenario ?
Because the Reinforcements Dialog is hard to read...
But if the "Strength Report" and the "Show Organization" would always show all units that are available during a scenario (on map and Reinforcements) you could just look at what formation is already on the map and you would know which formations will be Reinforcements.

Is it that way ?
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2014, 04:04 AM,
RE: Reinforcements question
Does nobody know ?
10-11-2014, 08:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2014, 09:02 AM by Stejones82.)
I did some quick tests. Based on those, the "Strength" report does indicate the total strength which does include the off-board reinforcements.

Further, the "Strength" report does reflect casualties.

Methodology:

1. I started Eagles Strike "So This is Hell" scenario as hotseat option.

2. American "Strength" report indicated a total of 255 men, 8 leaders, 237 weapons. I moved no unit nor fired any weapon. Ended turn.

3. Opened the German turn. "Strength" indicated total of 102 men. I fired the AA gun at the big American stack and produced about 40 casualties. Ended the German turn.

4. Opened the American turn. "Strength" now showed 212 men - so this reflected the casualties from the German fire. Did nothing else and ended turn.

5. Opened German turn - did nothing and ended.

6. Opened American 3rd turn and received reinforcements. "Strength" report numbers did NOT change with the arrival of reinforcements, still showed 212.

7. Opened the German turn and again, received reinforcements. After getting them on the board, checked "Strength" and the number again, did not change.

So my conclusion is that "Strength" does indicate the overall total numbers which does include reinforcements not yet received onto the board. I did not look at the "Show Organization" tool, but I'd guess it will work the same. Hmmm ...

Hope this helps - Good question, and a good exercise for me - - - Which I needed because my mind is turning into mush grading these college student short papers!

Steve
10-11-2014, 09:51 AM,
Thanks !
10-12-2014, 12:37 AM,
No problem, mate.

Also looked again. Yes, the "Show Organization" does list ALL units - even those which come later as reinforcements.