• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HPS PzC II
01-06-2015, 03:08 PM,
RE: HPS PzC II
I also like the 'counter attack " premise and it does fit into this scale. The scale may be a little to large, but as we have battalion and company sized units occupying single hexes -counter attacks could be employed.

Let me suggest that when one side "assaults" a hex - and the assault fails, the two hour time frame and subsequent casualties by the assaulting force, could be interpreted as including abstracted counter attacks.

I suppose following a successful morale and fatigue check, a unit could automatically counter attack. If you had that option as part of the optional rules then I would recommend the following instead of automatic counter attacks.

a. Standard defensive posture.
b. Hold at all cost - increased risk of casualties, higher fatigue, and/or lower morale.
c. Minimize losses - withdraw to nearest hex to preserve combat efficiency.

The default would be standard defensive posture. The posture could be changed, but only if the unit is in comms with its HQ.
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2015, 10:41 PM,
The idea is that counterattack be automatic, maybe only for fanatical nations, non fanatical nations could have this feature disabled OR with a very low % to do one or with no bonus for example.

For me is a question of test and could be diferent between diferent nations... i think in Japan use this feature as a bonus but as a negative factor to to prevent players avoid counterattack and reserve troops (maybe counterattack could be activated in optional rules).

Maybe here i am interested in know more about the JT plans for Pacific titles.
01-12-2015, 03:29 PM,
Hello...

Unit Cohesion. Basically an attribute effected by the status of unit as regards its 'morale' rating.
At some point, a units morale is reduced to the point where it is difficult to maintain control over the sub-units or to get them to act as one unit for combat purposes. This could be triggered when a unit either 'drops' some specified number of levels from its 'start' rating, or reaches a predetermined level.
The effect of this is that the effected unit 'breaks down' into its sub-units, if any, and can no longer act as one unit for attacking. Each unit can only attack as an individual unit and may not combine its factors with other units in an attack.

Dennis Jester
02-12-2015, 03:19 AM,
Artillery Barrage Chain via Artillery Window

This really has nothing to do with increasing effectiveness - but would be only for atmosphere.

Recently, while starting the full campaign of the Mius Demo, I had the wonderful / horrible experience of enduring a lengthy full scale bombardment - up and down the line from Russian artillery and rockets.

Yes - I actually do this with no "Fast AI" Wink

With that in place, it was the closest representation in impact / atmosphere to the iconic pre-battle massed artillery barrages on the Eastern Front seen in many documentaries.

I would like to be able to set up a chain of bombardments like that from the player side.

Currently - A player could try just to locate, click, and fire very quickly but I am not that nimble.

I realize this would not be everyone's cup of tea (might actually be counter-productive in spreading around Ds to intended targets. A lot of the time, you may just want to get the initial D and save the other shots for another fresh unit)

... so configuring as a selectable option would be great.

Click 'on' for those looking for the additional immersive-ness ....
Send this user an email