• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Version 2.02 questions
09-11-2014, 01:32 AM,
Version 2.02 questions
Hello all
Been awhile since I posted here ! Haven't played in awhile as well ! Okay I downloaded version 2.02 in a fresh install. Must say, it is quite nice. Takes a bit of getting used to but am quite pleased !
So, opponents also have to have 2.02 installed as well to play pbem ?
What does the generic mod enabler do ?
What about all the extra Balkan, finnish stuff etc. I don't see to many new scenarios in the menu ?
I had also enjoyed playing a few of the Korean War scenarios in the past, I am assuming it is a separate install again ?
I realize some of these questions may be redundant
Thanks for any feedback
Cam
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2014, 01:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2014, 01:59 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: Version 2.02 questions
(09-11-2014, 01:32 AM)Cam Wrote: Hello all
Been awhile since I posted here ! Haven't played in awhile as well ! Okay I downloaded version 2.02 in a fresh install. Must say, it is quite nice. Takes a bit of getting used to but am quite pleased !
So, opponents also have to have 2.02 installed as well to play pbem ?

Welcome back Cam!

Welcome Back

(09-11-2014, 01:32 AM)Cam Wrote: So, opponents also have to have 2.02 installed as well to play pbem ?

Yes, mixing different game engine versions will likely lead into problems.

I can't recall if there's actual code check in place nowadays, where a PBEM game saved by a newer version can't be opened by an older version anymore. We talked about this at least at some stage.

(09-11-2014, 01:32 AM)Cam Wrote: What does the generic mod enabler do ?

JSGME (JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler) is a really cool graphical user interface to install and uninstall User Modifications. See manual page 123 for an explanation on it. There's also a JSGME folder under Tools, there's a JSGME User Guide there if you want to learn the details.

(09-11-2014, 01:32 AM)Cam Wrote: What about all the extra Balkan, finnish stuff etc. I don't see to many new scenarios in the menu ?

The enhanced units are there for most parts in the basic 2.02 install (been there since 2.00). For additional stuff, please enable the Forgotten Battles 2.0 User Mod which adds a lot of new stuff to EF and some to WF as well. Mind you, it is not fully tested so expect to see some OOB issues here and there (should you use Organization Editor especially).

As for new scenarios, lots of them were added to Blitz Scenario Database. See here for a list of new scenarios that's been available since 2.00, with a couple of wholly new 2.02 scenarios as well:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=64184

(09-11-2014, 01:32 AM)Cam Wrote: I had also enjoyed playing a few of the Korean War scenarios in the past, I am assuming it is a separate install again ?

Korean Mod by Mike Amos, based on JTCS 1.0x is left as-is. The Development Team is fully occupied on Project Modern Wars, with several game titles coming out over the next few years. Who knows if Korea would be included? Helmet Wink

Hope you enjoy 2.02. If you've been out for a while, do check the new Game Manual. The latest version covers version 2.01, 2.02 has some Night visibility glitches fixed among other things.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-11-2014, 02:39 AM,
Thank you very much, all my questions have been answered !
Great job on 2.02 !
Cam
09-11-2014, 04:11 AM,
(09-11-2014, 01:50 AM)Battle Kat Wrote:
(09-11-2014, 01:32 AM)Cam Wrote: So, opponents also have to have 2.02 installed as well to play pbem ?

Yes, mixing different game engine versions will likely lead into problems.

I can't recall if there's actual code check in place nowadays, where a PBEM game saved by a newer version can't be opened by an older version anymore. We talked about this at least at some stage.

Yes, definitely a code check in place. Older, pre-2.02 EXEs will definitely choke on PBEM save games made under 2.02. 2.02 has backward compatibility with older scenarios. 2.01 & before do not have forward compatibility with 2.02 scenarios & saves!

PBEM partners should be running the same common game version, no doubt about it.
09-11-2014, 05:51 AM,
Hmmmm...... slight issue. I tried to install Forgotten Battles. I read the post in the forum on how to install. It should be under the generic mod enabler right ? I open it and there are no mods listed to install, just a empty window
Thanks
Cam
09-11-2014, 06:15 AM,
Under the John Tillers Campaign Series main folder, in your 2.02 installation, if you open it in Win Explorer, you will see the JSGME icon. Double click on it, it will say about a folder called Mods, just say ok and exit, open it again, and all the mods should be showing up in the left pane?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
09-11-2014, 06:40 AM,
Under available mods in the left pane, is blank........
09-11-2014, 06:57 AM,
Did you put the mod in the mods folder? That is how it works for other games that I have used it for.
09-11-2014, 07:53 AM,
Ok, thanks all for your patience. I found all the mods and installed what I liked. I can honestly say, FANTASTIC !!!. All these new mods and versions have definitely breathed new life into this game !
Cam
09-12-2014, 12:24 AM,
Gents: Smoke7

Also, included in the JSGME loader, are many H2H Approved scenarios - about a dozen each EF and WF including 4 RS ones!

So, lots of new content to play! Big Grin
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email