• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HPS or JTS?
09-14-2014, 10:23 AM,
RE: HPS or JTS?
(09-14-2014, 09:13 AM)Deturk Wrote: or you could go here and get it for less than $30 http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo....htifr.html

Yeah well those are the HPS disks - and yep less than $30 ... by 1 cent ... but I guess it still counts unless you also factor in a bit of shipping, because at the price that is listed for - you are looking at about a $1 to $2 profit there. . . you'll be getting some shipping costs to add in to that (what with the razor thin profit margin that no one else is able to justify doing.).
___

If you go that route you might as well be trolling Amazon and Ebay for used copies of disks which occasionally come up there for even less than that. I suppose the downside to that is every now and then you get some guy on Amazon that thinks just because a title is not listed there that it is OOP - and well, it isn't true - but you can find some pretty whacky prices as well. I think the best one I ever saw was some guy trying to get over $100 for Wagram.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2014, 08:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2014, 08:16 AM by tbridges.)
OK, so I purchased the JTS version of Moscow'41. Only now do I see that all the various map mods (not just Jison's) I normally use with the HPS games don't work with the JTS version of the game.

Doh I guess you can't have it all! Sigh.
09-19-2014, 09:12 AM,
(09-14-2014, 10:23 AM)trauth116 Wrote:
(09-14-2014, 09:13 AM)Deturk Wrote: or you could go here and get it for less than $30 http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo....htifr.html

Yeah well those are the HPS disks - and yep less than $30 ... by 1 cent ... but I guess it still counts unless you also factor in a bit of shipping, because at the price that is listed for - you are looking at about a $1 to $2 profit there. . . you'll be getting some shipping costs to add in to that (what with the razor thin profit margin that no one else is able to justify doing.).
___

If you go that route you might as well be trolling Amazon and Ebay for used copies of disks which occasionally come up there for even less than that. I suppose the downside to that is every now and then you get some guy on Amazon that thinks just because a title is not listed there that it is OOP - and well, it isn't true - but you can find some pretty whacky prices as well. I think the best one I ever saw was some guy trying to get over $100 for Wagram.

You must be NEW to the series, as he has been selling them for 10 years or so.
09-19-2014, 02:10 PM,
(09-19-2014, 08:12 AM)tbridges Wrote: OK, so I purchased the JTS version of Moscow'41. Only now do I see that all the various map mods (not just Jison's) I normally use with the HPS games don't work with the JTS version of the game.

Same here with Sicily 43. Frankly this is kind of a big deal because out of the box the game is fugly, and the standard mods don't work. If I'd have known this I'd have gotten the HPS version...
09-19-2014, 10:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2014, 10:55 PM by -72-.)
(09-19-2014, 09:12 AM)Deturk Wrote:
(09-14-2014, 10:23 AM)trauth116 Wrote:

___

You must be NEW to the series, as he has been selling them for 10 years or so.

New to the series.... seriously? Lol... ok, aside from that, I think I know that ... otoh I also know the wholesale price those go for ... and yes, it is exactly that: $1 to $2 per disk profit ... it wasn't at all meant to limit the market what with a razor thin margin like that (and guys wonder why it is that isn't sustainable.).
Send this user an email