• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Leadeaters
08-31-2014, 08:56 PM,
Leadeaters
Anyone still around from the original Leadeaters? I was a member wayback then, Playing steel panthers and Panzer general, so my date of joining the Blitz doesnt really reflect my true longevity here. I think it was one of the first wargaming clubs on the net. We originals, should be canvassing for some sort of veterans award Big Grin Cheers6
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2014, 12:23 AM,
RE: Leadeaters
Good to hear from one of our true veterans around here! I imagine there are some still around, but that was before my time. I would bet many don't even remember that club name.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
09-01-2014, 09:59 AM,
Leadeaters was first internet gaming club I joined as a CS player, which introduced me to pbem gaming back in 1998

An as they say the rest is history :)
09-02-2014, 10:26 AM,
There are fair number of Leadeaters still here at the blitz. I started out PC gaming there playing the Atomic World at War series of games.

Stalingrad, Operation Crusader, and D-Day A good set of WEGO games on the MS DOS O/S.

Hail Leadeaters!

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
09-03-2014, 01:53 AM,
Glad to know few of you are still around, I remember Panthers in the Shadows and Tigers on the prowl from HPS, played for hours with those on DOS was so annoyed when I bought a new computer and couldnt run them.

Three cheers for the Leadeaters!!
09-04-2014, 11:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 11:36 AM by Sgt Jasper.)
Don't remember the year I joined Leadeaters, but the club was still an AOL group at that point. Played some Panzer General, but mostly W@W Stalingrad. Remember having to boot into DOS to play, then back to Windows to zip and send files (on a 9600 baud modem, no less!) Yeah, I'm oldRolling Eyes
09-08-2014, 06:14 AM,
I think I must have been a member, because I recall being a member of a club playing the talonsoft EF and WF and then someone saying we are moving to a different club which was this one. Didn't the guy who had a lot to do with the original club end up in Game Squad or is that fantasy?
09-08-2014, 11:40 AM,
(09-08-2014, 06:14 AM)Ivan Wrote: I think I must have been a member, because I recall being a member of a club playing the talonsoft EF and WF and then someone saying we are moving to a different club which was this one. Didn't the guy who had a lot to do with the original club end up in Game Squad or is that fantasy?

Dunno about the Game Squad connection, but before they got sold, Talonsoft had lively message boards. I spent as much time there, and found as many opponents, as I did at Leadeaters. EF, WF and Battleground games.