• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Advice for New Player
08-29-2014, 02:00 PM,
Help  Advice for New Player
I primarily play SPww2 or MBT and I am looking to branch out into another game. I've decided it's either one of the Combat Mission games or one of the Tiller games. I played Fulda '85 several years ago and enjoyed it. If I were to purchase a Tiller game which one would be a good 1st choice in terms of finding opponents some of them seem pretty esoteric and can't see too many people owning them.

Looking at the forum at the moment it seems the East Prussia title is popular and that sounds very interesting. Could anyone recommend any other titles particularly WW2 titles that have a good player base?
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2014, 12:57 AM,
RE: Advice for New Player
Just look over what they have and take the one that interests you the most. One thing about these games is you will not lack for opponents. The East Prussia 14 is a new ww1 release a few days ago. It only looks more popular because it just came out, but all the games have their fans.

If you want something more tactical, have a look at Squad battles or Panzer Battles Series.
08-30-2014, 03:41 AM,
RE: Advice for New Player
Welcome to our corner of the club! Smile

As OJW said if is very rare that you cannot find an opponent here for any title, but if you want to play it safe then all of the WW2 Eastern Front titles are always popular and titles like Market Garden, Bulge or Normandy from the West front are always being played.

There are only two WW1 titles so far, but both are very popular, East Prussia 14 was only released a week or so ago.

So pick your poison and then post for an opponent, good luck and have fun! Wink