• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

North German Plain graphics
08-26-2014, 01:35 PM,
Help  North German Plain graphics
Hello,

This is my first time posting here. I bought Fulda Gap '85 from HPS Sims and was able to install the wonderful MapMod and Volcano Man's art mod with no problem. Today, I decided to purchase NGP '85 directly from the John Tiller Software store, rather than from HPS. When I tried to install MapMod (after installing Volcano Man's art mod), however, I noticed that the map is incorrect. There are large black spots on the map, and the map displays bridges on clear terrain and doesn't display the canals. I read in the FAQ on the MapMod website that this can happen if you're using files that are intended for a different title; however, I only downloaded the MapMod file for NGP '85. Is there any way of fixing this issue?

Similarly, I noticed that the default map graphics for NGP '85 are significantly darker than the brightly colored map from Fulda Gap '85 (at least the version that I purchased from HPS). Is there something wrong with my copy, and can I change my map graphics to the Fulda Gap '85 standard?

Thanks,
David
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2014, 11:30 PM,
RE: North German Plain graphics
(08-26-2014, 01:35 PM)daeitelbach Wrote: Hello,

This is my first time posting here. I bought Fulda Gap '85 from HPS Sims and was able to install the wonderful MapMod and Volcano Man's art mod with no problem. Today, I decided to purchase NGP '85 directly from the John Tiller Software store, rather than from HPS. When I tried to install MapMod (after installing Volcano Man's art mod), however, I noticed that the map is incorrect. There are large black spots on the map, and the map displays bridges on clear terrain and doesn't display the canals. I read in the FAQ on the MapMod website that this can happen if you're using files that are intended for a different title; however, I only downloaded the MapMod file for NGP '85. Is there any way of fixing this issue?

Similarly, I noticed that the default map graphics for NGP '85 are significantly darker than the brightly colored map from Fulda Gap '85 (at least the version that I purchased from HPS). Is there something wrong with my copy, and can I change my map graphics to the Fulda Gap '85 standard?

Thanks,
David

Hi Daeitelbach,

Firstly welcome to the Blitz!

There are new map graphics being implemented in the releases on John Tillers site. These include '3D like' elevation changes that make the different heights more obvious. These changes have not to date been ported to the HPS releases.

Unfortunately this new map is not compatible with Mapmod. It will be up to Jison if he updates his mod to work with the new structure.

As far as the map being too dark, this is a result of the low level of the map. The graphics can be changed to a lighter version if you like, by editing some of the bitmaps (2DNormal100 in the map directory) and moving some of the higher elevation graphics down.

I'd be happy to try and fix this for you if required - just PM me.

David
08-27-2014, 02:43 AM,
RE: North German Plain graphics
(08-26-2014, 11:30 PM)Strela Wrote: Hi Daeitelbach,

Firstly welcome to the Blitz!

There are new map graphics being implemented in the releases on John Tillers site. These include '3D like' elevation changes that make the different heights more obvious. These changes have not to date been ported to the HPS releases.

Unfortunately this new map is not compatible with Mapmod. It will be up to Jison if he updates his mod to work with the new structure.

As far as the map being too dark, this is a result of the low level of the map. The graphics can be changed to a lighter version if you like, by editing some of the bitmaps (2DNormal100 in the map directory) and moving some of the higher elevation graphics down.

I'd be happy to try and fix this for you if required - just PM me.

David

Hi Strela,

Thanks for your quick reply, and for the warm welcome to the Blitz! I wasn't aware that the games sold on JTS use new graphics. A shame that they're not compatible with Jison's mod!

Now that I know it's not an error, however, I'll leave it as it is. I really appreciate your offer of trying to fix it, though!

All the best,
David