• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS France '14 Update 1.04 Released
08-26-2014, 08:38 AM,
RE: JTS France '14 Update 1.04 Released
The 3D views are terrible and the 2D Magnified View needs to be updated to the Panzer Battles standard. Great games that are well researched but the map graphics should have been updated years ago.
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2014, 09:30 AM,
(08-26-2014, 06:48 AM)Blue Wrote: Can i ask is the First World War Campaigns going to have battles from 15-18? Just as the first year (1914) is so fluid..i am wondering how the static warfare in those later years can make a good game?

If I can figure out a way to make these games faster and providing that my personal time allows it, yes, I do plan on making '15-'18 games.
Send this user an email
08-26-2014, 11:31 AM,
(08-26-2014, 09:30 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: If I can figure out a way to make these games faster and providing that my personal time allows it, yes, I do plan on making '15-'18 games.
Faster? Obviously you need more support, start recruiting NOW:
[Image: Bill-Murray-608x686.jpg]
Big Grin2
08-26-2014, 08:13 PM,
(08-26-2014, 06:46 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: Right, ideally the 3D view should be reworked - even in such a way to where it provides useful information over the 2D view (to make it complimentary to the 2D view, and useful). But the trouble is that redoing the 3D view is easier said than done, it requires lots of work and money. ;)

If it comes down to either/or, then I am just saying that if it cannot be updated then the possibility exists that it *might* get removed because it is obsolete (especially since so many complaints are heaped upon it).

Some players surely prefer the 3D maps. If it doesn't cost anything to leave them in, then why not do it? If some players don't like 3D because it's obsolete, they don't have to use it. You wouldn't discontinue an entire game because some players didn't like it. These games offer many player-selected customization options. What could be more basic than the map view?
Send this user an email
08-26-2014, 09:00 PM,
Well, maybe if they can join the 3D from SB WWI and the 2D from FWW... i refer to the map in 2D unit portraits etc etc.

Ummm 15-18 titles... great know is possible have this number of titles:

-Galicia14 (or maybe Lemberg14???) i think this is going to be the next title, part of EP14 sure come from this title and in notes you can see how they explain the way to model AH army in 1914.

-Brusilov16... maybe split in 2-3 titles

-Romania16

-A middle east title center in Meggido

-A 2nd middle east title covering uncovered battles in previous title.

-1918 offesives in west front... maybe with german attack allied counterattack... 4 titles??? or maybe 6???

-1918-19 what if titles covering entente final push over central powers... 2 titles maybe

-Oooo the italian front... in one title maybe because space is limited (maybe here add something not covered in rumanian title).

-Ummm a title covering caucasus???

I dont add the more static battles in west front because maybe they could be not fun enough to the engine model and game scale.

Lets see but maybe in 2 years or less we can have a new title (i have the sensation part of next title work is done because EP14 and G14 are like brothers hehehe).
08-30-2014, 03:53 PM,
Just to make everyone more curious, I was looking to see if anything of the other mods could still have some useful material after the graphic update that came with this patch.
And what do we see on 2DSymbolsLg.bmp? Oh oh what is that yellow cloud coming at us?!

Besides that, I like the new graphic very much except the ground hexes(soft, mud, normal, snow) graphics.
1. The range of the colors used is at least for me not really helpful as the changing doesn't reflect what you usually see on maps, I would simply prefer colors like on this map:
http://www.weltkarte.com/uploads/pics/de...raphie.jpg

2. The fact that the hex graphics seem to come with hexlines fixed is also not useful as at least I often switch the contour function on but the hexlines off to better see where the high and low ground is. That is not possible anymore.

So for now I changed those back to the ones from Philippe Divine's Belle Epoque version 4.4 mod.

BTW I see some files are identical to files from Philippe, did he contribute to the new graphic set?
08-30-2014, 07:16 PM,
(08-30-2014, 03:53 PM)BigDuke66 Wrote: BTW I see some files are identical to files from Philippe, did he contribute to the new graphic set?

The files in Philippe's mod are taken from MapMod...

Jison
Send this user an email
08-31-2014, 01:32 AM,
I love that we can mix and match mods and stock graphics to suit our individual tastes. I wanted stronger differentiation between stream, river and canal hex sides and bolder elevation contour lines, so I copied the original stock 2d sides files from Kharkov 43 over to F14 and EP 14 (I'd also done that for the Jison mod in Kh 43.) Haven't found any anomalies so far. To each his own, though. This is just what worked for me and my aging eyeballs.

(08-30-2014, 07:16 PM)Jison Wrote:
(08-30-2014, 03:53 PM)BigDuke66 Wrote: BTW I see some files are identical to files from Philippe, did he contribute to the new graphic set?

The files in Philippe's mod are taken from MapMod...

Jison
02-15-2015, 09:36 PM,
I just bought this game and noticed it didnt come with any of the grand campaign scenarios, is that normal? Where do I find them???
02-16-2015, 12:35 AM,
In the latest Patch.
Choose the patch from the company you bought the game, either:
http://johntillersoftware.com/index.html
or
http://www.hpssims.com/