• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

V3.0 out, I upgraded, anyone for a game?
08-15-2014, 05:34 AM,
Opponent Needed  V3.0 out, I upgraded, anyone for a game?
After a long lull in playing CMx2 (waiting for 3.0 and sinking huge amount of time in Crusader Kings II - LOL - what a game !), I'm ready to go back to WII.

I own CMRT (already 3.0), CMBN - CW - MG (3.0 - displays 2.2 on the screen) , CMFI - GI (3.0).

I can probably play up to 4 games.

I prefer attack / defense QBs, but I'm open for scenarios (with a warning the game changing mechanics (supply dump, triggers, ...) won't be in current scenarios)

Battlefront announcement :

Gentlemen, upgrade your war! The 3.0 Upgrades for Combat Mission Battle for Normandy and Combat Mission Fortress Italy are finally here! The Upgrades convert and upgrade your existing games (and any installed modules) automagically to include most of the advanced new CMx2 v3.00 game features! (This includes features you may already know and enjoy in Combat Mission: Red Thunder and makes them available for Normandy and Italy!)

* Upgrades must be purchased separately for each title. Currently, the Upgrade is available for PC platforms only. The Mac Upgrade is in the works and undergoing some additional compatibility testing for the latest version of OS X)
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2014, 02:30 AM,
RE: V3.0 out, I upgraded, anyone for a game?
Am I the only person who installed the 3.0 upgrade and then found all the Market Garden scenarios cannot be loaded? Along with all the test scenarios I had built and saved?
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
08-17-2014, 02:47 AM,
I've never heard of this. I can see not being able to open PBEM files from earlier version which is the case for many not following proper conversion procedure. I made this mistake in one of my PBEM games but thankfully my opponent corrected this and we continue to play. Your issue sounds like an upgrade install gone bad or corrupt. You should be able to open any scenario in MG module etc. Mine works fine.
08-17-2014, 05:34 AM,
(08-17-2014, 02:30 AM)Jobu88 Wrote: Am I the only person who installed the 3.0 upgrade and then found all the Market Garden scenarios cannot be loaded? Along with all the test scenarios I had built and saved?

Just checked on a random MG scenario, no trouble launching, no trouble opening in the editor.
08-17-2014, 06:59 AM,
Problem solved. It was only when launching the game from the screen that pops up immediately after activating the new upgrade. When I used the existing desktop shortcut to launch the game all the scenarios would load. Who knows how that works.....
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]