• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS/HPS Wishlist and Random Thoughts
08-15-2014, 12:03 AM,
RE: JTS/HPS Wishlist and Random Thoughts
(08-14-2014, 08:00 AM)trauth116 Wrote:
(08-14-2014, 01:18 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote:
(08-13-2014, 10:58 PM)trauth116 Wrote: Actually I would rather have the entire map instead of a Salerno approach; I don't particularly mind if there is no master scenario for a campaign; but the fact is that without the big map -you would not be able to get it any other way -you can always edit a submap out of something larger ... you cannot create a larger map out of something smaller, however.

Maybe that is just the scenario designer in me talking,though.

The truth be told, so would I. And for the exact same reason. That's why I was at first advocating expanding the DF'85 map, and the F'14 map being adapted for F'40 and B'44.

Just give us the tools, and some of us would try to make use of the big maps.

...and that's exactly where the conversation hits a brick wall - as that is not going to happen short of the company folding, which is something that JTS has been entirely open and public about their policy over a number of years.

They have decided that this is the business model that works for their company.

I think you're right. No sense in continuing with wish-list things. JT and his team will do whatever they think is best (and works within their business model).

I just hope someone official reads these things from time to time, and might consider an idea or two that was advanced here.

It's been a good and civil discussion, and I've enjoyed it.
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2014, 01:01 AM,
In a different vein. I have been waiting/hoping for "Leningrad '41" for years.

I do not think they will ever do a Berlin '45....not sure how much of a game that would be.
08-15-2014, 01:31 AM,
Hi Guys,

Us 'official' folks do follow these threads.

We have quite a few PzC games that have had some level of research/OB/map creation done for them. Most are for the Eastern Front (though I know of at least one title from a completely different theater). These cover the period from 1941 to 1944. That said they are not actively being worked right now as at least my local team are working on Panzer Battles. Our aim is to get a few more titles out in this series before looping back and finishing some of the PzC titles.

I am not aware of any MC projects currently. Mapping work is a BIG job. The tools are not hard to use but the process of getting the base maps and then working off them is. Filling in the blanks on the Danube or better still completing the Korean peninsula are big jobs. I did see a request for some extra trails in Bulge - that is an easy fix if required.

Anyway, we are small part time teams and that means there is always 'time' between releases.

David
08-15-2014, 09:55 PM,
(08-15-2014, 01:31 AM)Strela Wrote: Hi Guys,

Us 'official' folks do follow these threads.

-and it isn't limited to just guys involved with PzC, PzB, or MC - just sayin' Whistle :)
Send this user an email
08-16-2014, 02:39 AM,
Strela, thanks, your updates are much appreciated, and I wish that more developers would follow your example!
08-16-2014, 04:06 AM,
Ed ( Volcano Man) also reads these forums and takes on board player comments on his Mods and FWWC titles. Wink
08-16-2014, 04:49 AM,
Nice to hear that about PzC.
I hope we see something for 1941 for Armygroup South and North, and something else besides Korsun that cover the "forgotten year" between Kursk and Minsk, and finally something about the Russian Winter offensive in Winter 44/45, maybe even something for the Battle of Berlin.
08-16-2014, 08:46 PM,
For me in PzC Berlin45 is a must have, maybe the WWII in westfront-eastfront title i think PzC cant skip, there are other battles to cover but not with the same "special" taste of this (you can have in one title both fronts and even some what if very interesting).

Maybe now games with small map areas and small OOBs using Salerno43 system can offer interesting options in all series... in PzC i think in Winter war+continuation war (41 and 44 battles) or a title coverign more Italian campaign episodes or even a west east title.

Maybe here all have diferent experiences about modding, i think is a way to explore for free new options for games... i know at least 2 games that start as mods and finish as full games that the company sell, even when a modder can do a superb job (like Volcanoman do) a full title with the full set of scenarios and extras i doubt be affected by a previous mod in a negative way... maybe oposite could be a for free demo for full game.

But returning to thread... lets see what can offer Tiller in 2014 fall, expect see something interesting Helmet Wink