• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBN and CMFI receiving 3.0 Upgrade
08-14-2014, 03:45 AM,
RE: CMBN and CMFI receiving 3.0 Upgrade
(08-14-2014, 12:11 AM)H1nd Wrote: There is something I can readily agree: their marketing "strategy" sucks. Period :>

Non existent - which is really to bad.

(08-14-2014, 12:11 AM)H1nd Wrote: Ohh and i'm very dissapointed about the tank riders.. even tho I was roughly 50% sure that they would no include them, some information earlier this summer would have been crucial to avoid this dissapointment that I feel right now.

Oh yes, this was not communicated clearly at all. I am not surprised that people were expecting tank riding to be there. I know I was.
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2014, 07:52 AM,
Man, BF is going to keep soaking it's customers for money aren't they. May only be $10 (USD) but the 2.5 was $10 (so $20 total) plus the game is $55 and mods $35; I have never spent $100 on a game, and won't, the game is not worth the $$$ they want IMO. BTW - that $100 would be around $113 CDN.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
08-19-2014, 08:28 AM,
This upgrade was the first I skipped and I am recognizing that I can live very well with it:
I have reduced my gaming time around 66% and I am playing only 1 PBEM RedThunder anymore and when we will have finished it, I probably will not start a new one.
I notice the dramatic impact already. Suddenly I find time for taking long rides with my bicycle again. Or I can read books in two weeks again, because going to bed earlier makes a huge difference. For the overall performance, too.

The positive effects are so big, that I begin questioning playing CM at all. Like I did when CMSF came out. It seems my life is better when I don't play CM. Big Grin
08-19-2014, 10:57 AM,
My Monty's Butchers is my last game too, but my opponent installed 3.0 which ruins our scenario of the month game, so hopefully he will install 2.5 again; I don't think a forced draw is correct.

Maybe after a few months I will pick up another game, but not for a while, especially when I just found all these cools mods for Diablo II!!!
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
08-19-2014, 10:33 PM,
I think the $110 Dollars are okay. I had a lot of fun in the last 3 years with CMBN. But I think also that last Upgrade (v3) disappointed a lot of players. The upgrade looks like a product that was thrown to early on the market.

@Steiner: Your described problem with CM sounds like promotion for the game Helmet Wink
08-20-2014, 06:39 AM,
(08-19-2014, 10:33 PM)Toblakai Wrote: I think the $110 Dollars are okay. I had a lot of fun in the last 3 years with CMBN. But I think also that last Upgrade (v3) disappointed a lot of players. The upgrade looks like a product that was thrown to early on the market.

I wish I enjoyed the game more, I really do, but it just isn't turning my crank so the $100+ tag, for me, is extreme. One good thing about CMBN is that it drove me back to Steel Panthers which I had almost given up on for a bit. I find the game play in CM1 more fun, just not pretty to look at.
08-20-2014, 06:06 PM,
(08-20-2014, 06:39 AM)Weasel Wrote: One good thing about CMBN is that it drove me back to Steel Panthers which I had almost given up on for a bit. I find the game play in CM1 more fun, just not pretty to look at.

Sometimes these experiences are necessary so that you appreciate other things again Helmet Smile