• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to start a Mirror match?
07-21-2014, 04:51 PM,
RE: How to start a Mirror match?
Ha thanks for the help
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2014, 11:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2014, 11:26 PM by A Canadian Cat.)
RE: How to start a Mirror match?
(07-21-2014, 04:19 AM)ARCH Wrote: ahh ok I get that I'm trying to get the concept, sorry I'm not being clear enough.

So the whole point is we get a chance to play each side on the same scenario at the same time in separate games so no player has some sort of advantage?

Indeed. It lets you play scenarios that are not balanced. Some scenarios designed for AI only play mean that in H2H play one side pretty much always wins. Playing these scenarios by them selves is not very attractive because you already know who is going to win. But playing the mirror match it becomes a challenge - to do better than expected. If you can win the expected side and hold your opponent to a minor victory in the other then you come out ahead even though the predicted side won both games.

Oh I should add, personally, I also like them in attack or probe quick battles too. After a while playing meeting engagements gets boring so playing a mirror probe gives you a chance to defend without it being a guaranteed loss.
Quote this message in a reply