• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Patch?
07-24-2014, 03:02 AM,
RE: Patch?
I thought we disagreed on how losses are currently suffered in terms of the time it takes to destroy a tank unit/make it combat ineffective. Fatigue comes into play at some point, but the amount of stress from long range fire without accurate return fire is normally much less than a chaotic <500 meter tank battle. Combat effectiveness for the defending force firing at an attacking force from a (for them) comfortable distance isn't likely to decrease by much.

Currently, tank vs. tank combat can be a drawn out affair that takes a long time to resolve, which has a spill effect of sorts where it has a direct effect on the outcome of the battle as you can't reliably use the tanks for anything else until they take out the opposing tank force. This becomes more problematic as the enemy number of tanks increases as at some point, you just can't knock out enemy tanks quickly enough. That by itself is historical at a certain quantity, but not at the numbers it happens at in game (where the Germans have difficulties with dealing with a similar number of T-34's as their own forces).

A situation where a company is destroyed/knocked out in a single turn, or even two turns, isn't likely to happen unless you engage it with several companies of your own. This is contrary to infantry casualties, where it's quite possible for a limited force with artillery support to knock a company down a size/make it combat ineffective in a single turn.
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2014, 02:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2014, 02:41 AM by Strela.)
Hi Guys,

Things continue apace for the patch. Thanks for all that are identifying items (minefields in jump maps!) we are trying to get them all corrected.

There are a range of changes including some retrofitting of items that are being done for the next game.

Many of these will impact game play and scenario balance, while some are purely aesthetic.

As an example of aesthetics, there will be revamped top down graphics. These have come from work that was being done for the next title and we were that happy with the results that we are including them in Kursk.

Here are some examples. Original is on the left, new is on the right. Please note that there are three changes shown here. Units have colouring closer to the 'side graphics', there is now 'more depth and shading' in each unit and the company HQ symbology is removed to make it more difficult to determine which units are one or two vehicles.

At 100%;

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20119.png]

At 200% (click to expand);

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20120.png]

David
08-19-2014, 04:45 AM,
David, is this
Quote:and the company HQ symbology is removed to make it more difficult to determine which units are one or two vehicles
only for the alt unit counter view or for every counter view?
08-19-2014, 09:03 AM,
Those are nice David...Very nice Smile
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
08-19-2014, 09:31 AM,
(08-19-2014, 04:45 AM)ComradeP Wrote: David, is this
Quote:and the company HQ symbology is removed to make it more difficult to determine which units are one or two vehicles

Every counter view....

David
08-19-2014, 09:35 AM,
Nice looking new counters! Thumbs Up
08-19-2014, 07:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2014, 07:41 PM by Xaver.)
Interesting, remember me WinSP icons, maybe the question i have is... the lack of HQ info is for both players or only for enemy player??? i refer if i can see the HQ in my units but i cant see this in enemy units.

Thanks and waiting patch.

PD: maybe a new release soon??? the EP14 ninja release catch me out of the trench... maybe a 2nd one on the way??? hehehe.
08-19-2014, 11:34 PM,
(08-19-2014, 09:31 AM)Strela Wrote:

Every counter view....

David

Here are the other counter types with the changed Company HQ's;

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20123.png]

There are also some upgraded Soviets;

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20121.png]

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20122.png]

David
08-20-2014, 03:40 AM,
Thanks for the pic... "Armored battles" or is for a what if PzB to show Stalin playing with a time machine.... do you hear it??? hell march baby lets invade the past Twilight Zone LOL

08-20-2014, 09:11 PM,
(08-19-2014, 11:34 PM)Strela Wrote:
(08-19-2014, 09:31 AM)Strela Wrote:

Every counter view....

David

Here are the other counter types with the changed Company HQ's;

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20123.png]

There are also some upgraded Soviets;

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20121.png]

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20122.png]

David

Upgraded Soviets... yeah as in very upgraded. otoh I know my top down images. Big Grin
Send this user an email