• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CM:RT Looking for opponent
06-28-2014, 08:21 AM,
CM:RT Looking for opponent
Hi!

I Have a specific RT quick battle map in mind: Rought - Water -Village Assault 043
It is a beautifull detailed river crossing map so assault rather than attack.
HUGE battle size for extra fun. Will allow the defender to dig in a bit and have reserves. Obviously attacker will get a lot more resources to play with. We can ofc go for large size but such battle will be over very shortly on this map since the attacker will take a lot of casualties regardles of the battle size.
2 hours time in order to give the attacker some room to manuveur time wise = can opt for proper scouting for example.

Recommend we do it as a mirror match so both will get to attack and defend it! We can do it parallel or sequentially.

Axis player no limitation for Cats (panthers/tigers) All tho I hardly doubt he will have points for more.
Both Players must use 1/3 of points to infantry.
Max arty caliber 122mm
Max 1 rocket battery
No CAS
No TRP's for the attacker. (you will either have to preplan or actually get that FO over there!)

We can also agree to play it as non-ladder if you wish so.

Cheers!

-H1nd
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2014, 01:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2014, 01:38 AM by Shorker.)
RE: CM:RT Looking for opponent
Hello H1nd,

it would like to play this with you. But without any additional rules or limitations, please. I use to play the game "as it is".
Rarity on "strict", difficulty on "Elite", no pre-planned arty into attacker's setup zone during the first five minutes (sel talking rule) and OK no TRPs if you want. Must ask by the way: What is "CAS", please?

Could you live with this? Helmet Wink

I'm new to the Blitz but not new to Combat Mission. I'm also playing in the league of the
FEW GOOD MEN (please feel free to check their ladder/hall of fame for my rating and reliability in playing).

So I'm your man, if you like. (Please help me getting out of that bootcamp status!!! LOL!) Wink

Best regards

Shork
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
06-29-2014, 04:05 AM,
Hi Shorker!
First off: Welcome to the Blitz! :)

Most of the rules are regular blitz QB house rules mainly to ensure "fair", enjoyable and relatively realistic gameplay for both sides.

1/3 infantry for example ensures that there is actually infantry in the game because people are otherwise tempted to simply go all tanks on you.
Other rules like "only one rocket battery" is very obvious if you take a good look at the price of Russian 82mm rocket batteries. They are simply way too cheap and once again you can simply spam your roster full of them without too much of a sacrifice.
and CAS = Close air support, basically they are a random factor that can swing the battle either way regardles of the actual tactical performance of the players. AA does no deter them enough and like rocket artillery they are dirt cheap.

Arty caliber limit is relatively irrelevant since heavy arty is very expensive but it tends to absolutely obliterate infantry in certain situations. This is something I can live with but the other rules are not.

And indeed Elite difficulty and strict rarity.

Ohh and I do consider firing in to the attakers setup zone always a very gamey thing to do no matter how much time has passed. 25m in front of it is perfectly fine but not "in it".

So if you can agree on the infantry, rocket and cas rules as well as not firing to the setup zone, then we can surely have a go at it but if not then it's a no go i'm afraid.

Cheers!
-H1nd
06-29-2014, 04:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2014, 04:44 AM by Shorker.)
Thanks for the welcome! Smile

OK, I agree to play with your extra rules - but only to mention it (no offence meant - only to let you know how I see this):
Why should the attacker have a "comfort zone" where he can place his mortars and trucks and reserves while no artillery grenades will hit during the entire game? I think that this is kind of unfair against the defender who has no such zone.
But OK - that's not so important especially on such a large map. Helmet Smile

Planes/CAS: This can be an important factor wether you must think of buying FLAK/AA guns or not (spending purchasing points) - but if the weather is on "overcast" there will be no planes anyway.
I can live with that too, of course. Helmet Smile

One last question: (Just let me know) Only one rocket battery max., OK - What about mortars? On map? Off map? Limits?
06-29-2014, 06:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2014, 06:38 AM by H1nd.)
Yes one rocket battery max.

The deployment zone rule is mainly because there is no reinforcement system in QB's. In reality say a battalion of infantry with some tanks in support would not arrive all at once but rather trickle in.
proper attack is always done in phases unless it is absolutely necessary to rush in everything. This means that for all intent and purposes that reserves are indeed hidden away untill they are needed.
I would be perfectly fine with indirect-fire to the attakers deployment zone if it was 1km deep and 800m wide. Wich is pretty realistic area to hide your infantry and supply when staging for the attack. But now with these small maps of CM and especialy small deployment zones you pretty much will know for sure where my reserves are. :) So in a nutshell yes in reality attacker should have a "comfort zone" big enough to hide his troops preferably echeloned in depth just before they move to their individual jump off points.

It is true tho that it's a bit goofy to have mortars sit in and fire from the deployment zone immune to counter fire but then again so is all off map arty. I would not restrict mortars to off-map only so you are free to buy as many of them as you like and have them either off map or on map.

I will be using H2HH and dropbox so I will need your email to send you an dbox folder invite.
I will setup two games, same map, different sides and send them over once I have send you the dropbox invite.

Cheers!
06-29-2014, 08:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2014, 10:42 PM by Shorker.)
Roger that - sounds absolutely logical - thanks for the good and clear argumentation/explanation.

I'm using dropbox too - my e-mail is "xxxinfotransmittedxxx" - but I'm not using H2HH (or CMH) so I can't read any chat messages there (just to let you know,not that you think I'm unpolite). Helmet Wink

OK - looking forward to your DB invite - thanks for gaming with me! Smile
07-03-2014, 06:29 AM,
Only for the record - this is a ladder match, right? (Mirror match = two games to report to the ladder, OK?)
07-17-2014, 06:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2014, 06:46 AM by Shorker.)
Hello H1nd, no turn today? What's the matter matey? Your turn rate drastically went down from 8 turns/day last week to 1 turn/day on Monday and Tuesday while there was nothing over the weekend from your side. Is everything OK?
My Russian attack is going so well at the moment - wanna know how it will continue! Helmet Wink
07-18-2014, 03:29 AM,
(07-17-2014, 06:45 AM)Shorker Wrote: Hello H1nd, no turn today? What's the matter matey? Your turn rate drastically went down from 8 turns/day last week to 1 turn/day on Monday and Tuesday while there was nothing over the weekend from your side. Is everything OK?
My Russian attack is going so well at the moment - wanna know how it will continue! Helmet Wink

Komm lieber bei unserer Partie in die Hufe! Mex Big Grin
07-18-2014, 08:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-18-2014, 06:30 PM by Shorker.)
@Toblakai: I'm shell shocked! LOL! Helmet Rolleyes