• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Difficulty settings
06-16-2014, 07:35 PM,
Difficulty settings
Hello,

is there a way to change the chance to win for 1 side in the squadbattles series ?
In other words making the game easyer or harder ?
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2014, 12:15 AM,
RE: Difficulty settings
I am not aware of anything exposed in the GUI interface that allows you to do that. The two workarounds that come to mind would be:

Make some manual edits to the scenario and/or the title's parameter files. (For instance, you could greatly increase the "rest and refit" variable for one side.)

Search The Blitz' scenario database for unbalanced scenarios to play. For instance if you click on "Scenarios > Squad Battles > Advance of the Reich", you'll see the third scenario listed "A View of the Kremlin" has 13 reported games played and boasts a "0-15-85" record - which means the German side has never won! That's an extreme example, but it is a great way to find scenarios that provide a handicap so that players of different levels can be more evenly matched.
06-17-2014, 04:50 AM,
What Rabbit said, as well as going into the game an adjusting the Victory Point levels.

Aside from that, there are no adjustments that are easily made to say adjust the AI level.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
06-17-2014, 04:58 PM,
Hello,
changing the victory points is the solution i was surching for. Some Falkland scenarios
are unwinable for me on the british side, so this helps.
Thanks for tips.
06-19-2014, 11:44 AM,
Micha

Your statement begs the question as to which scenarios you are having problems with. If you feel that some of the scenarios have play balance issues, please send me an email or PM and let me know your concerns. At the same time, I might be able to give you some pointers on how to improve your chances of winning.
06-19-2014, 04:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2014, 04:30 PM by Micha.)
Hi Jeff,

i dont think the scenarios are not balanced. I"m sure its my kind of playing.
First let me say the Squadbattle series is for me one of the best videogames ever made.
It tooked me a few years to fit in to the rules but now i really love this game espezially
the Falkland mod.
I think my mainproblem is that i"m native Peoples General player. In that game the rules
are easyer (the does not mean the game is better )
In the squadbattles series you have to watch a lot of things.
The soldiers has to be close to the commanders for rally, you need to watch the protection the landscape gives you and much more.
I think one of my mainproblems is to launch an assault to a objective to early and
the outcome is a failure and my soldiers get pinned. Is there any kind of indicatore
to see a an assault has a good chance to suceed or it will fail ?
In Peoples General you have a window you can see the estimated casaulties
if you want to launch an assault.
Some battles in the Falkland war ended with an bad outcome for the brits.
I think you made those scenarios hard or unwinnable for the english player to came close to the reality or am i wrong ?
Keep up this great game and thank you for your work.