• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

linked campaigns
06-20-2014, 02:30 AM,
RE: linked campaigns
I don't mind the different language if it is just a sort of personal conversation. I didn't know if it was info on the LCGs, that is what I was wanting in English so I could follow along. Otherwise, go for it.

I wish they had a way to do a random campaign HTH. I tried, but didn't see where you could set it up for email. I thought all you had to do was set it up and first email of each scenario would have to be the oob, scn and map. I think it would be cool to do, somebody wanting to take a Pz Bn or bdge through a campaign with a human opponent. You have the options for different countries, unit types and sizes, just not HTH and personally playing against the ai is rather boring. So much better with a human opp.
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2014, 02:29 AM,
Speaking of Linked Campaigns...

For those familiar with the Mega Campaigns in Steel Panthers, would a mega linked campaign in Middle East be something of interest? I have been tossing the idea of a Warlord style campaign that would have the player assume the role of a warlord on the rise where certain "decision" scenarios would be pivotal in deciding on how the campaign plays out.

Of course, that's a huge undertaking and I'll only persue it if there is enough interest.
Send this user an email
06-21-2014, 12:03 PM,
I would be interested. Branching campaigns are a huge amount of work and playtesting is also. Could take you years.
06-21-2014, 12:15 PM,
Unless I expire, years I have.
Send this user an email
06-21-2014, 01:35 PM,
Any insights on how you'd like it to play out?
Send this user an email
06-21-2014, 11:38 PM,
Nope

I bought SPWAW Watchtower years ago and played through about 3/4 of it. Too much of a good thing. Played a few random campaigns. I don't have the attention span required.
06-22-2014, 03:11 AM,
Why did they discontinue those campaigns?
06-22-2014, 03:44 AM,
Cost to produce vs reward, would be my first guess.
Send this user an email
06-23-2014, 02:32 AM,
In other words, not selling very well? I saw them and was interested, but never had the money at the time. Oh well. Waiting to see how the Vietnam and Modern go for the CS. Somebody said there was also a possibility of a remake or all new Middle East AIW, something like that or maybe that was part of the post ww2 I saw somebody mention.
06-23-2014, 03:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2014, 03:32 AM by Jason Petho.)
We're presently working on a brand new Middle East game (while working on Vietnam in the background. NATO vs Warsaw Pact to follow after those)

While it focuses on the classic Israeli-Arab conflicts ('48, '56, '67, '73 and '82), there are a number of additional scenarios that depict the various conflicts happening in the same time frame.

For example:

French in Algeria x 2
English in South Yemen x 2 plus an LCG
Egyptians in North Yemen x 1
Egyptian/Libyan border war in 1977 x 2

Jason Petho
Send this user an email