• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

suggested work around for opfire bug
06-01-2014, 06:56 AM,
RE: suggested work around for opfire bug
(05-25-2014, 02:27 AM)low_bidder Wrote: Thanks. What will you name this version? 7.1.8 ? 7.5? We once had an official 4.5.1 So why not a 7.1.8?

maybe 7v8?
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2014, 07:15 AM,
(05-26-2014, 03:39 AM)BigDuke66 Wrote: I didn't try it but can't you install the patches to an empty folder and then simply copy the EXE file out to your real installation folder?

Hello Duke,

Tried that, but it seems there is more that just the .exe files involved.. best suggestion from what I have played with is to install up to MBTv7.. them install the v8 stuff into a separate folder do per my fist posting.. if you install v8, then ocer-write the .exe files with v7 data it seems still not to work.. I tried doing it that way and still had issues..

I have also had an issue with ww2 where I swet up a game, then try and adjust visbility range for the game after entering the map.. visibility button simply didn't work.. period.., no visibility adjustment possible..

And.. for the final issue.. even the rate of fire a unit has is messed up since v7..

for instance.. you have an infantry unit with rifle/lmg/grenade/bazooka.. shots at the begining of a turn might read 6/4/4/3.. after shooting a few times, shots remaining might be 3/1/1/0.. fire one more time and you get 0/0/0/0 instead of the expected 2/0/0/0.. ang when you fired, the only weapon the squad used was the rifle (or whatever) in weapon spot one.. all the others remain silent...

Last time I played a competition game was over 2 years ago, even though I watch for the updates.. so I was using MBTv6 and WW2v5, which seemed to work very very well..
08-30-2014, 06:37 AM,
Hi,
I'm reporting a problem with the filter in Basic security
If you set the filter for units it shows that it has been set. However when your turn is returned from the other player, the filter has been cleared. I'm using Windows XP. I asked the opposing player to test it and he reported the same.
I've just done some tests with a "PBEM" to myself. The filter is removed but if the range is set, it is still set on subsequent turns.
08-30-2014, 11:58 AM,
I have a WW2 battle where I am seeing the same issue. Basic Sec, XP, Oppo also with same issue.
Looked on the shrapnel forums and didn't see any fixes / info.
Anyone know anything about a fix?

Cheers
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
08-30-2014, 03:58 PM,
You two should really report this at Shrapnels, at least I thought that switching to Basic is a solution till the advanced security gets fixed, if that is now broken too...Angry5
09-02-2014, 08:39 AM,
OPFIRE BUG in Version 8

1) I am presently in a WinSPMBT PBEM game where the Opfire can be set but is removed when the game is saved.
The security is set to BASIC.
The WinSpMBT version is Version 8.
The operating system is Windows XP
2) I set up a test PBEM with myself using Basic security with the same result.
3) I uninstalled WinSpMBT and reinstalled back to Version 7 but with the version OOBs ect
4) I set up a test PBEM with myself using Basic security, the Opfire appeared to work correctly.
5) On the PBEM game the Opfire did not work. This indicates that both parties must Version 7 or older.

The range setting 1 - 10 hexes appears to work in Version 8 using Basic security.

Conclusions
1) Both parties must use Version 7 or older.

Reinstall method.

1) Locate your WinSpMBT folder
2) Copy all folders from "Banners" to "Tournaments" to a secure location. (eg desktop)
3) Uninstall WinSPMBT
4) If you have Ccleaner or similar, run a registry check and clean.
5) Reinstall WinSpMBT up to and including Version 7
6) Locate your WinSpMBT folder
7) Delete all folders from "Banners" to "Tournaments"
8) Cut and paste all folders from "Banners" to "Tournaments" from the secure location.
9) You are now running Version 7 game engine with Version 8 OOBs etc.

Note.
I did that while running two PBEM games in Basic security. Both games continued without hitch after the downgrade.
I have not tested it with Full security, but see no reason for it not to work.
The Opfire will only work if both players do this.
The reinstall method above will also preserve any DIY scenaria, saved games, custom OOBs etc.

The upgrades (patches) can be found at
http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Camo_Worksh..._page.html

Gibratar