• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Smolensk full game
05-25-2014, 11:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2014, 11:46 PM by BigDuke66.)
RE: Smolensk full game
(05-25-2014, 02:47 PM)flip0009 Wrote: I know the guys who put these together put in a lot of historical work and get the OOB for both sides. I would think they know the numbers of troops and vehicles involved in a battle fairly well. I also know they make decisions on the numbers each unit carries to mark its strengths and abilities. In the end it is just a dice roll. You guys are saying that Volcano choose "better" numbers and made "better" die roll charts.
Well one designer or even a team can't always get its hands on all sources, for example if really parts of the participating forces were removed because the fought not ON but OFF the map it's just an example of the lack of appropriate map material.
In the early 2000's with a "young" Internet that was much more likely than today, today I am able to get my hands on daily frontline situation maps of the complete East Front, I guess that would have also been very handy for the designers.

(05-25-2014, 02:47 PM)flip0009 Wrote: Oh, did I get demoted because I did not report a game for so long? I think I was once a master sergeant.Helmet Rolleyes
No likely because of parts of the forum were archived many users now have less posts and with that also a lower rank.
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2014, 01:46 AM,
I have tried to load this into my Smolensk game and it comes up with the map and no units and an error message - any suggestions ?
05-26-2014, 04:47 AM,
First idea, does your S41 game have the latest patch (1.16) ?