• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Art Work for Smolensk 41
05-26-2014, 12:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-26-2014, 12:07 PM by Compass Rose.)
RE: Art Work for Smolensk 41
(05-26-2014, 09:49 AM)EaglesFly Wrote: Is there a site where there are some instructions to follow to download the VM graphics and the alt Drive on Smolensk - I have tried and cannot seem to get the downloaded files to work or the new graphics to replace the old ones

Confused

Are you not able to download the VM mod or are you having issues as to what to do with the files after you download them?

Not to add any confusion to your situation however, maybe you would be interested in using JSGME to help you in using your 3rd party art mods.

Here is a walk-through on how to install JSGME.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=65299
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2014, 03:45 PM,
thanks, yes the mods load but I cannot get them to replace the existing pictures. In the case of Smolensk 41 when I open the game there are no pictures on the icons for the alternate games

I downloaded form the site - but because it has an exe extension it will not let me open so I cannot get to the first set up screen - also the icons in the link do not match what loads form the site
05-26-2014, 04:59 PM,
I am guessing that the .exe issue is your problem here, with most OS you can tag a download as trusted to allow the .exe file to load, if I remember with XP you had to manually unblock the zip folder to get all the files to load, I am sure I solved this with a bit of time looking for answers on google.

As for the graphics files, they have the same file names as the stock art and so will overwrite the original files unless you tell the download not to,if you had the "do you want to overwrite" warning did you say yes or no??
05-26-2014, 07:04 PM,
Sir ,
Answered the question as yes but what happened was in inside say the German file, there are now four folders - German,Smolensk41 , Smolensk41_xpa2 and Units - The images in the units folder are the original in the other folders the downloaded images but no way to save or replace the images in the Unlit folder
05-26-2014, 09:08 PM,
Very difficult to know what to suggest with being able to view your PC, I have downloaded both the expansion scenario pack and the VM art/ alt scenarios without issue when I loaded S41 onto my Win 7 PC a few months ago.

Are you using Windows 8?
05-26-2014, 10:03 PM,
Good Morning - no I have windows 7
05-26-2014, 11:50 PM,
Sorry I can't offer much help as I am still using XP.

Hopefully you'll be able to get some help from one of our members very soon.

Good Luck!
05-27-2014, 01:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-27-2014, 02:19 AM by EaglesFly.)
Help  RE: Art Work for Smolensk 41
Thanks - I got the German Units to work , but the Russian Pictures ( that appear to the left work ) but the map icons are just black writing in the map - no red or salmon units like the German gray / blue - maybe there is an easy fix for that that someone might see

Thanks again
05-27-2014, 03:11 PM,
(05-27-2014, 01:43 AM)EaglesFly Wrote: Thanks - I got the German Units to work , but the Russian Pictures ( that appear to the left work ) but the map icons are just black writing in the map - no red or salmon units like the German gray / blue - maybe there is an easy fix for that that someone might see

Your post is rather difficult to understand, but it sounds like the Soviet NATO counters are not showing up? Those are separate files--you need to make sure that the 2dSymbolsLg.bmp and 2dSymbolsSm.bmp files are in the Russian folder (and Guards folder). These files should have come with the mod.
05-28-2014, 11:22 PM,
Thank you to everyone for advice and help , all of the information was of great assistance .