• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Need a couple players for Human side in large K'talan Mod team game.
05-09-2014, 05:22 AM,
Opponent Wanted  Need a couple players for Human side in large K'talan Mod team game.
Ashley is the K'talan player, and is fine with his Division of aliens, I however, am in need of at least two players to help me out, the Humans have German, Free French, U.S., British, and a very large Russian unit!! Anyone with the K'talan mod like to help out? At least a turn a week!

The game is Squeezeplay, and is in progress, here is a brief.

List of Human Alliance forces:

Russian

3rd Guards Tank Army-
6th, 7th Guards Tank Corps
9th Mechanized Corps
16th SU Brigade "Berlinskikh"
57th Guards Heavy Tank Regiment
90th Engineer Tank Regiment
4th Artillery Division
1st Guards Airborne Battalion
Independent Tank Battalion (T-44's)

U.S. Army

9th Army-
XIX Corps-
2nd Armored Division
4th Light Armored Division
119th FA Grp.
63rd Tank Battalion
283rd Heavy Field Artillery Battalion
Special Tank-Destroyer Company (T-95 Heavy Tank Destroyers)

French

1st Armored division

British

7th Armoured division

German

3rd SS Panzer Division remnants
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2014, 06:56 PM,
RE: Need a couple players for Human side in large K'talan Mod team game.
K'talan Mod is a huge amount of fun to play - should be supported much more.
Send this user an email
05-09-2014, 07:03 PM,
Hey Mike,

I'm curious...

Is it (the mod) still available for download somewhere?

I'd like to take a look at it!

I love your Korean mod so this one has to be as good. I just never downloaded it to find out.

Thanks
(John) Ivan the BigCigar5
05-09-2014, 08:30 PM,
I recommend K'talan as well. The Sci-Fi nature of it might be a turn-off if you look at it like that, while the other way to look at it is you get a chance to pit your WWII forces against an enemy with modern equipment. Or the other way around.

I have the mod, I love it, but unfortunately cannot commit to a PBEM at the moment.
05-09-2014, 09:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2014, 10:06 PM by Warhorse.)
(05-09-2014, 07:03 PM)Ivan The Big Wrote: Hey Mike,

I'm curious...

Is it (the mod) still available for download somewhere?

I'd like to take a look at it!

I love your Korean mod so this one has to be as good. I just never downloaded it to find out.

Thanks
(John) Ivan the BigCigar5

Hi John!!

Here is a link via Dropbox, I think it is also available up in the Campaign Series Hosted Mods section as well?!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5865...%201.1.zip

Hope you like it, there are two playable DCG's as well included. K'talan equipment is very expensive, so that makes them very valuable to not loss any in battle, very challenging to defeat them, but not impossible!!

Hope some folk hop on board with the team game, anxious to resume it, if so please let me know in the next couple days, thanks!!

Here is a link that describes the premise, and also how to install it!

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...hp?fid=242
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

05-11-2014, 06:32 PM,
Hi Mike,

Downloaded K'Talan mod, seems to work well. Very nice graphics!! A lot of work went into this mod and it shows!

Played about 11 turns of the scenario First Contact as me with the K'talan's against the A/I as the alliance, WOW!! The combined alliance lost about 90 tanks and I got a major after 11 turns. Combat is sure one sided especially with ATGM units against the A/I. The Pz III's and T-34's had no chance.

I did notice the points for the K'talan units are in most cases tripled or quadrupled over the alliance counter parts. Makes sense as an invading race from outer space would have to bring everything with them so equipment losses would hurt.

It would have been cool though if the K'talan leaders had lizard faces though like the Gorns in Star Trek. Just my preference...

Long ago I did read parts of Harry T's first book but never finished it. As I recall it was a good read because it jumped around the earth bringing one up-to-date as to what "The Race" was doing to conquer the earth.

Cheers!
John (ItB)
05-12-2014, 08:44 AM,
Hi John!

Glad you got it installed okay, and yes, it took about 4 years to compile it, am already going to update it to version 2.0 standard once we release that, will be a lot of work, but I love this mod! To really shine, either play as the Alliance, or play against a person PBEM, slowly you can start to figure out how to really hurt the seemingly impervious aliens! Ashley and I are playing the huge Malta invasion, with myself as the K'talan invader against the combined British, Italian and German forces, what a rush!! Yes, I have uber equipment, but I'm stretched thin as hell on all fronts, every loss hurts, and he just seems to have more at eveery turn!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue