• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Volcano Mods for Panzer Campaigns
07-18-2017, 03:09 AM,
Help  RE: Volcano Mods for Panzer Campaigns
Have numerous HPS/JT Pz  Campaign games with Volcano Man art/scenario mods. Moved to a Win 7 PC and while art work and stock games load alt scenarios will not or just the map(no units) appears. Among others I want to play the "Compass Exp set(which worked on past Win xp and Vista PCs). The Vol Man mod site doesn't appear to have a e-mail link so any help/contact info on how to get the alt scns/exp pack to run would be very appreciated.
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2017, 02:01 PM,
RE: Volcano Mods for Panzer Campaigns
You have to install the games somewhere outside of Programs x86 or whatever they used to go under. It could be that you have 2 different installs and are seeing the play from a version that isn't fully installed and updated. So I would try opening the game folder, making sure everything including the VM files are installed there, and then run from the game exe that you see there, rather than from links. Sorry not very detailed, it has been awhile since I upgraded and don't remember a lot of details.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
09-02-2017, 08:46 PM,
I've been away for a while, and have a new laptop. I tried to download Ed's packs again, and it took several tries before I was even able to download the zips. Now, I cannot unzip them, as I get a message about administrator rights being needed. Is there any info lately on how to open these files?

thanks
09-06-2017, 01:02 PM,
That sounds like the operating system restricting you, nothing zip/download driven. Sorry can't help if you don't know how to get admin access.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
09-07-2017, 05:35 AM,
(09-02-2017, 08:46 PM)33Aufkl Wrote: I've been away for a while, and have a new laptop.  I tried to download Ed's packs again, and it took several tries before I was even able to download the zips.  Now, I cannot unzip them, as I get a message about administrator rights being needed.  Is there any info lately on how to open these files?

thanks

As Rick says that sounds like a setting in your PC rather than issues with the zip files which many people have opened with no issues.
From the dark corners of my mind I remember something similar when I tried to open zip files on my XP PC, I think I had to right click the folder go to properties and uncheck a particular box which then alowed it to unzip the files, sorry for being vague but it was many years ago......... Wink