• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Need Opponent #0712_03 Hill 235_3 - Northernmost Advance
04-29-2014, 03:47 AM,
Opponent Needed  Need Opponent #0712_03 Hill 235_3 - Northernmost Advance
#0712_03 Hill 235_3 - Northernmost Advance:

I can faithfully get one turn per day out on this. I'd like to take German's and we sally-forth with default optional rules?

I have played a few of the early scenarios with my results against the AI getting better. Not a great benchmark of course, but I can say that (a) I love the scale of this game and it seems to suit my play style better than SB and/or PC. This one really fits the "crossover" perfectly imo, and does a lot of stuff very well.

Bunkers, I have (had to) learned, are there, are historically accurate, and will have to be dealt with in this game. But there IS a way or two to crack bunkers and pillboxes semi-efficiently.

When I make purposeful reminders to myself to keep things in "perspective", they usually work pretty well. A "bunker" icon is not a single bunker. That hex is 250 meters across. That bunker is probably a network of bunkers. Three hexes is about a half mile...6.5 hexes is about a full mile. I try to visualize the actual distances a company, battalion, regiment, division, etc need to cover. I try to pay close attention to Unit integrity, utilizing a 3 battalion/regimental attack with the same deployment techniques that the actual commander would.

Target prioritization is also key. Use your "g" hot key often. Shoot every possible shot, whenever possible w/out dire effects. Sometimes that last chance "rocket propelled grenade" weak sounding "whoosh" at a bunker gets you a lucky disruption.

That's one other thing...get those units disrupted!!! The whole stack!!! THEN assault. Don't waste valuable arty on bunkers you're results are too spotty at best.

Anyway.........holler me up. [email protected]
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2014, 12:15 PM,
RE: Need Opponent #0712_03 Hill 235_3 - Northernmost Advance
Opponent found. Thanks Dog Soldier!! Helmet Wink
05-01-2014, 08:36 AM,
RE: Need Opponent #0712_03 Hill 235_3 - Northernmost Advance
(04-29-2014, 03:47 AM)Riley D. Smith Wrote: When I make purposeful reminders to myself to keep things in "perspective", they usually work pretty well. A "bunker" icon is not a single bunker. That hex is 250 meters across. That bunker is probably a network of bunkers. Three hexes is about a half mile...6.5 hexes is about a full mile. I try to visualize the actual distances a company, battalion, regiment, division, etc need to cover. I try to pay close attention to Unit integrity, utilizing a 3 battalion/regimental attack with the same deployment techniques that the actual commander would.

Target prioritization is also key. Use your "g" hot key often. Shoot every possible shot, whenever possible w/out dire effects. Sometimes that last chance "rocket propelled grenade" weak sounding "whoosh" at a bunker gets you a lucky disruption.

Good points. Particularly the one regarding bunkers. I still find myself from time to time thinking in terms of Panzer Campaigns map scale. Hard to break that habit.