• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

market garden
04-18-2014, 08:39 AM,
Opponent Needed  market garden
I would like to play 0917.02 alt Campaign of Market Garden. It seems to give the Allies a more even chance. Suggested rules would be default or as mutually agreed. I can play 2 turns per week and would play either side so my opponent has the choice . I am an experienced player but not particularly able or skilled.
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2014, 05:56 PM,
RE: market garden
From my personal experience there is No campaign scenario off MG '44 that does NOT give the Allies the chance; I beat the German AI many years ago and held firmly each bridge, then rolled over jerry in each sector in my PBEM game featuring the full OrBat version so finally I decided to see whether Germans in this title are badly hadicapped or something - we're in the middle of the scenario in its historic version and so far it's a draw, but don't think it is going to last long despite my bold counterattack towards Nijmegen bridges and constant reshuffling of forces on the northern Rhine bank.

I have played vitrually every game incorporating operation "Marked-Garden" and have not seen any other that favors the Allies nearly as much as this one.
04-19-2014, 08:55 AM,
(04-18-2014, 05:56 PM)burroughs Wrote: From my personal experience there is No campaign scenario off MG '44 that does NOT give the Allies the chance; I beat the German AI many years ago and held firmly each bridge, then rolled over jerry in each sector in my PBEM game featuring the full OrBat version so finally I decided to see whether Germans in this title are badly hadicapped or something - we're in the middle of the scenario in its historic version and so far it's a draw, but don't think it is going to last long despite my bold counterattack towards Nijmegen bridges and constant reshuffling of forces on the northern Rhine bank.

I have played vitrually every game incorporating operation "Marked-Garden" and have not seen any other that favors the Allies nearly as much as this one.

I have not played Market Garden for some time. My only result on the Blitz was a minor victory for the Germans(me) versus Allies at maximum effort. I played in the old panzer club for the British(allies) in the Standard Campaign game and was soundly beaten by the Germans. Looking at the results reported on the Blitz they seem to favour the Germans at a ratio of 5 to 3.
I am quite happy to play as the Germans either the Standard Game or the one I suggested and would be delighted to play you if you had the time or someone else, but I give the choice to the opponent. Big Grin
04-20-2014, 09:18 AM,
(04-19-2014, 08:55 AM)Barbarrossa. Wrote:
(04-18-2014, 05:56 PM)burroughs Wrote: From my personal experience there is No campaign scenario off MG '44 that does NOT give the Allies the chance; I beat the German AI many years ago and held firmly each bridge, then rolled over jerry in each sector in my PBEM game featuring the full OrBat version so finally I decided to see whether Germans in this title are badly hadicapped or something - we're in the middle of the scenario in its historic version and so far it's a draw, but don't think it is going to last long despite my bold counterattack towards Nijmegen bridges and constant reshuffling of forces on the northern Rhine bank.

I have not played Market Garden for some time. My only result on the Blitz was a minor victory for the Germans(me) versus Allies at maximum effort. I played in the old panzer club for the British(allies) in the Standard Campaign game and was soundly beaten by the Germans. Looking at the results reported on the Blitz they seem to favour the Germans at a ratio of 5 to 3.
I am quite happy to play as the Germans either the Standard Game or the one I suggested and would be delighted to play you if you had the time or someone else, but I give the choice to the opponent. Big Grin

Have an opponent and accordingly challenge closed, am playing as Axis