• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Multiple Weapons
04-17-2014, 11:23 AM,
c_Question Mark  Multiple Weapons
So I was goofing around with ES "So This Is Hell" scenario. In hex (10,3) there are German flak weapons. "Flakvierling 20mm" which have a Lethality rating of 280. The unit counter shows 4 weapons and lists a crew of 3 (12).

Does this mean there is one unit of a quad 20mm or 4 units of quad 20s? Is the lethality for this weapon actually 280 or 1120 (280x4) !!!

Curious how multiples of weapons work.
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2014, 10:34 PM,
RE: Multiple Weapons
(04-17-2014, 11:23 AM)Stejones82 Wrote: So I was goofing around with ES "So This Is Hell" scenario. In hex (10,3) there are German flak weapons. "Flakvierling 20mm" which have a Lethality rating of 280. The unit counter shows 4 weapons and lists a crew of 3 (12).

Does this mean there is one unit of a quad 20mm or 4 units of quad 20s? Is the lethality for this weapon actually 280 or 1120 (280x4) !!!

Curious how multiples of weapons work.

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

I'm assuming it's the 4 guns on the mount, not four different sets of weapons.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
04-17-2014, 11:18 PM,
RE: Multiple Weapons
Actually Steve, you are correct, it is four, four-barreled weapons. That is why it shows a crew of 12 instead of just three. Not sure what the designer was trying to accomplish there. The OOB file only shows one, so I am assuming that's what he intended.

So to get back to your original question, yes the lethality would be multiplied times four. However, because the crew is one quarter of the required crew, you would be back to the original number. If you decided to move a squad to that hex, however and swapped weapons around you could man most of the Flak guns fully. Like I said, I don't think this was what the designer intended and it should probably be corrected.

Jeff