• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Forfeited Games
04-16-2014, 04:46 AM,
Feedback Needed  Forfeited Games
Hi All

If a game is surrendered to an opponent (for example you email the opponent and tell him you surrender because you are in a hopeless position), may this game be reported as a forfeited game ?

Or should your opponent report the game as a total victory.

My understanding is that the opponent must report the game as a total victory for him.
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2014, 08:00 AM,
RE: Forfeited Games
Yes i would say with out any doubt A Total Victory should be claimed, if you put some one in a hopeless
position, that is what the game is all about.........It's called winning
04-16-2014, 07:24 PM,
Hi Hedge, I agree with you.

I would appreciate some feedback from the board commander or one of the numerous moderators though.
04-16-2014, 08:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2014, 08:56 PM by H1nd.)
From what I understand surrender should not be reported as forfeited game. One should post a game as forfeited if there has been a breach of ROE wich most commonly means that the opponent has abbandoned the game and has disapeared for more than 21 days and does not reply to your messages asking for next turn. Fofeited games are always total victories but total victory is also a legit outcome if the opponent chooses to surrender the game. You are also free to negotiate different levels of victory.

https://www.theblitz.club/rules-of-engag...s/p-25.htm

This link is also usefull. Most notably one should never report a game as forfeited unless the action is blessed by the ladder commander.
04-16-2014, 09:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2014, 10:23 PM by Toblakai.)
This looks like my mistake. I must have misunderstood something. I thought it means "to forfeit", "to surrender". Sorry Daisy I am going to correct it Helmet Smile

[EDIT]
I deleted the old matches and reported new ones
04-17-2014, 04:30 AM,
Issue resolved. Thanks Toblakai.
04-20-2014, 07:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-20-2014, 07:49 PM by Westland.)
I rate these games as a draw.I want the victory not given to.
Only if the opponent formal surrendered,it is a victory.
04-20-2014, 08:34 PM,
To me a forfeited game is claimed when your opponent disappeared, and after following all the measures in ROE #6, you have the authority to claim the forfeit win.

If however you are playing a battle and are in an impossible position then you can ask your opponent if they mind if the battle is stopped then BUT they choose the victory level that they want to claim.

Most opponents will claim a draw or a minor victory, because the points dont matter to them - if they want to claim a higher win they can.

Regards

Toni
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
04-21-2014, 03:02 AM,
Another option, and the one that I like to play out is to cease fire. The surrendering player should exit and free up all objectives. The winning player then has time to move his men in and press his cease fire button. That way the game calculates points and the surrendering player may get some points for any kills or touch objectives gained.

When you press "surrender" the game does not take any of the gameplay into consideration and just gives a total victory.

Point is just like in real life surrender can be negotiated.
04-22-2014, 04:33 AM,
A surrender is the highest defeat IMO unless both sides agree otherwise, but to just surrender you lose completely.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha