• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMRT - Ghostly footsteps in the water
04-18-2014, 03:34 AM,
RE: CMRT - Ghostly footsteps in the water
LOL nope, no secret list. Unless you count the bug database but reading through that looking for things that could give one an advantage would be quite the task. :-)

I did not know about this until I read about it here - and I did some play testing for them very late in the dev cycle.
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2014, 04:11 AM,
I was just joking about a "secret list" but it all comes to what is fair in fair play. In my old Close Combat days there was a list of known bugs....it was made public for all to read to make the game fair for everyone. This would prevent one player having an unfair advantage over another......for example if every knows about this then it all fair and good.

So I guess what I'm saying is that if the manufacturer knows about a bug that will give an unfair advantage for those that "know" about it they should warn the whole playing community about it just to make things fair until they sort it out. :)

Now I'm wondering what other kind of bugs are out there that can make game playing unfair?
04-18-2014, 01:33 PM,
Good idea! We could open a sticky thread with known issues/bugs.
So we could make the secret list of bugs visibly Helmet Wink
04-18-2014, 06:51 PM,
My 2 Cents  RE: CMRT - Ghostly footsteps in the water
Almost same thing with disappering fences (or for example bocages in CMBN). You can hear voice of breaking fence and see that disappeared. And without LOS you know that something "heavy" (tank or armored car) is on the way. It's very frustrating when you try to flank your opponent or make a raid...
04-19-2014, 01:28 AM,
Yes, all this graphical features have become a gameplay bug
04-20-2014, 09:16 AM,
Indeed it is a FOW limitation. I will share something I discovered by accident and have been using regularly. If you drive a tank, HT or jeep through a fence at a gate and hit it nice and centred it will not knock down the fence. Some times you can preserve your flanking surprise by carefully finding a route that has gates you can use. It does not always work out that you can find a route like that but it can help.
04-23-2014, 09:26 PM,
Good news:
http://www.battlefront.com/community/sho...stcount=48
04-24-2014, 01:34 AM,
I took part in that thread and felt like I was banging my head against the proverbial "Brick Wall". I'm glad that finally someone from Battlefront came in and shed some light into the situation. Now the next logical question is......if they are going to fix this bug in the next patch, will it include fixing broken walls and hedges?
04-24-2014, 01:50 AM,
Yes, it wasn’t a pure technical discussion. Whatever the reason was. But at the end it started to be better. And it looks like that even the "Inner Circle" didn’t know about it. Helmet Wink

Walls, fences, hedges included in the patch!? I don't dare to hope this. That would be really cool, but better to wait and see.
04-24-2014, 03:21 AM,
The difference is that hedges and walls are permanent structures while the ripples on the water are not. They already have code for engine smoke exhaust - ever notice that when you loose sight of a moving vehicle the exhaust trail you had already seen stays (and slowly dissipates as expected) but no new smoke gets added. The ripples are in the same category.

That is the one criticism I have for the way BFC manages things: you can never tell when you post an issue on the forum if the right people have been informed on the inside. Occasionally someone will say they reported it or Phil will say they know but most of the time you have no idea. The classic example that I use whenever I talk about it is the "way-points around bridges" problem. I reported it way back in 1.01 time frame and just assumed it would be looked at but it never did and then people would bring it up and I would share my workaround so they could keep going. It was like the fourth thread and over a year later that someone complained in a rude and obnoxious way that someone from BFC slapped them down saying they had no idea there was this issue. I was flummoxed since it has been discussed over and over on the forums. It turns out it was only a problem for ATI card users with newer drivers and because no one on the test team could reproduce it they never passed on the problem. But instead of tell us that on the forum - silence. Once we found out they could not reproduce the problem, those that could chimed in and the common denominator was found in a couple of hours. Worse one of the options in the game could be flipped and the problem was fixed.

So you guys did the right thing by bringing it up and keeping it on the front page until you got confirmation that it was being looked at.