• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question for those playing any PzC games on a tablet.
04-10-2014, 10:53 AM,
Question for those playing any PzC games on a tablet.
I just got an iPad and downloaded the free sample East Front PzC game to see how it would work on the tablet. This is the best Tiller games related site (with the most players) I'm aware of so this seems like the best place to ask.

The options to highlight a units movement range, as well as what other spaces are visible from a given space don't appear to be available. I think I checked all the documentation and can find no trace of them. Am I missing something, or are we just supposed to guess where the troops can move and what they can see when they get there?
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2014, 11:25 AM,
RE: Question for those playing any PzC games on a tablet.
Ubercat

I asked John Tiller about the ability to show visible hexes in a Civil War (as you can do in almost (and maybe all) of the Tiller games) tablet playtest. He responded that the coding for this option was more than could reasonably be handled by the limitations of the tablet. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the same reason that you can't find a way to show the reachable hexes in Panzer Campaigns.

Jeff
04-10-2014, 12:06 PM,
(04-10-2014, 11:25 AM)Jeff Conner Wrote: Ubercat

I asked John Tiller about the ability to show visible hexes in a Civil War (as you can do in almost (and maybe all) of the Tiller games) tablet playtest. He responded that the coding for this option was more than could reasonably be handled by the limitations of the tablet. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the same reason that you can't find a way to show the reachable hexes in Panzer Campaigns.

Jeff

Thanks for the quick reply!

That's ... amazing. I wonder why they can't just add a button in the menu next to all the others? Push it in and then any hex you select will come with visibility highlighting. Another button would show possible moves for any selected unit(s). Oh well. Good thing I didn't spend any money before finding that out.
04-10-2014, 01:29 PM,
The button is easy. It is the highlighting that is apparently hard to do. Anyway, that is why there is a demo to try, I would guess, so you wouldn't waste your money. Having tested some of the games I didn't find the lack to be a serious issue myself.
[Image: exercise.png]
04-10-2014, 11:11 PM,
Hi there Ubercat,

John put as many of the original PzC games functions into the Touch version as the tablet's processing power could handle. They were never intended to replace the originals, but to be used on tablets for short periods of time such as in a waiting room, or when commuting. That being said the Touch games are very good representations of the originals, just read the reviews from people who have spent the whole 3 bucks to enjoy them.

I believe it is John's intention to use any more tablet processing power to its fullest when it becomes available.

Enjoy the freebies, they are excellent games for this type of platform.

Regards,

Dave

Propeller Hat
04-11-2014, 12:57 AM,
FWIW, I think the inability to highlight a unit's movement range is the biggest drawback to the tablet versions. It can be especially frustrating in the titles with rugged terrain (such as Tunisia) or those heavily dependent on road movement (Bulge).

But I shouldn't complain. Had I not downloaded the apps, I would never have been introduced to the wonderful world of Panzer Crack. . . er, I mean Panzer Campaigns!
04-11-2014, 04:22 AM,
I have not been able to build bridges I reported it but no response any one know how to do it ?

Also the last scenario in Bulge seems to have us reinforcements arrive in the wrong place I think

Mike
04-13-2014, 06:26 AM,
(04-11-2014, 04:22 AM)Mike Bowen Wrote: I have not been able to build bridges I reported it but no response any one know how to do it ?

Also the last scenario in Bulge seems to have us reinforcements arrive in the wrong place I think

Mike

I've managed to build a bridge in scenario Fortified Goose Egg. Just select engineering unit on its own, making sure its not in T mode, and go to the menu 'bar' at top right of the screen. You should see Engineers in drop down and selecting this reveals engineering operation types.
I think it took only 1-2 turns for the bridge to be built....pretty quick but it was a C morale Pioneer battalion.

I bought this game for my Tesco Hudl a few months ago and it has revived my interest in Pz Campaign games again.

I wish the AI wasn't so suicidal and stopped firing when a human player would have realised long ago that there was no point in triggering a reaction fire, but that happens in the standard game as well.

Ian
04-13-2014, 07:08 PM,
(04-13-2014, 06:26 AM)Plain Ian Wrote:
(04-11-2014, 04:22 AM)Mike Bowen Wrote: I have not been able to build bridges I reported it but no response any one know how to do it ?

Mike

I've managed to build a bridge in scenario Fortified Goose Egg. Just select engineering unit on its own, making sure its not in T mode, and go to the menu 'bar' at top right of the screen. You should see Engineers in drop down and selecting this reveals engineering operation types.
I think it took only 1-2 turns for the bridge to be built....pretty quick but it was a C morale Pioneer battalion.

I bought this game for my Tesco Hudl a few months ago and it has revived my interest in Pz Campaign games again.

I wish the AI wasn't so suicidal and stopped firing when a human player would have realised long ago that there was no point in triggering a reaction fire, but that happens in the standard game as well.

Ian
Ian does it say bridge ops it may be it does it without a graphic saying that it is?
04-15-2014, 07:12 AM,
(04-13-2014, 07:08 PM)Mike Bowen Wrote:
(04-13-2014, 06:26 AM)Plain Ian Wrote:

Mike

Ian
Ian does it say bridge ops it may be it does it without a graphic saying that it is?

Its more or less the same as what you see in standard PzC. Screen shot below.

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot_2014-04-14-20-59-39.png (Size: 406.78 KB / Downloads: 18)