• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Gauging Interest--Falklands Tourney
08-07-2014, 10:24 PM,
RE: Gauging Interest--Falklands Tourney
We are over half-way done. Will try to wrap up my defeat in the next week.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2014, 09:46 PM,
Steve and Pauli have finished round three:

http://prntscr.com/4cp9sm

A major victory for the Argentines with a final score of +2. Pauli did an excellent job of attacking in this difficult scenario.

We used the Illumination version of the scenario with a vis range of 1h.

Salute to my esteemed opponent, Pauli: Well done, sir!

Steve
08-14-2014, 11:56 PM,
There are still two more games to be completed. I'll post the results so far when I get home from work.
08-15-2014, 01:08 AM,
We are on turn 9, but I'm heading out of town on Sunday. The Argentines will have a major victory, I'm pretty sure, but my Brits will try to get as many points as I can before the cease-fire!

Will try to push out as many turns as I can, and will see if the Commander lets me take my laptop to the waterpark!
08-17-2014, 03:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2014, 03:44 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
We are done. British major loss (-12). Wasn't aggressive enough to start and his heavy weapons made crossing that terrain very hard. Nice defensive effort, made life very difficult. Played with the 1 hex visibility and the illumination, Victoria Cross-B.

[Image: Capture.JPG]
08-18-2014, 02:24 AM,
I posted the current standings on the Blitz website, although it looks like I was a bit tipsy when I did so.
08-18-2014, 07:09 AM,
(08-18-2014, 02:24 AM)Jeff Conner Wrote: I posted the current standings on the Blitz website, although it looks like I was a bit tipsy when I did so.

So how do we interpret the standings? How many rounds of the tourney will there be? Who is 1st, 2d, 3d currently?

New at tournaments here at the Blitz and not sure how to read those point totals. Thanks Jeff - Good show!

Steve
08-19-2014, 03:11 PM,
Steve

The players in the tournament have been split into two groups. You are competing against the members in your group for the ability to play the championship game, which by the way, is next round. The group on the left is the first side players in this tournament. They are trying to gain as many points as possible. The group on the right are the second side players; they want to have as few points as possible. If these were all of the results, you would see Laza playing Kolc for the championship. Unfortunately, for Laza and Kolc, the one outstanding game is between the top two players so far, Rabbit and Embis and there is a good chance that these standings will shuffle around a bit. And for those of you not in the championship, you will play the similar ranked player on the opposing team for successive places in the last round(ie, the second highest/lowest will play for third and fourth place). It is possible that you will play someone you have played before.

One of the downsides of this tournament is that one group has always been the attacker. I figured out a way to modify the scores so that this is not a requirement in the future. Let me know whether you like this style better or the standard double mirror system. We can return to mirror games if you prefer.
08-23-2014, 09:36 PM,
All done here, a Draw for Rabbit and I.Helmet Wink
08-24-2014, 09:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-24-2014, 09:44 AM by Jeff Conner.)
Ok, all of the third round games have been reported and we are ready to head off to the final round. This one is for all the marbles, well I don't have any marbles, but there is a cool ribbon (care of Richie61 by the way) and a free JTS game for the winner. As I mentioned earlier, the game for first place is between the top two players on each team. For Team A, which has had the burden of being the first player, that is none other than Rabbit. And in a come from behind performance, the champion of Team B is none other than Richie 61. Congratulations to both men. I found an arithmetic error in my previous rankings. The final pairings are as follows:

Argentinians British
Rabbit Richie61
Laza Jomni
Paulinski Embis
BigRedOne SteJones82
Landser34 Tallin
KG-RangerBooBoo Kolc

The scenario is called The Last Hurrah. It is a new scenario just for this tournament. Hopefully, you can go to the Scenario list and download a zip file that holds all of the game files needed. The URL is https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/falk...o&id=10909 If not, please sing out and I'll try and find an alternate download site or email it out. The rules to be used are Alternate Fire Density, Quality Loss Modifier and Vehicle Fire Over. The Argentine players should be sure to read the notes. This scenario is a bit longer, so lets try and be finished by October 31. Good Luck!