• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stone throwing Engine
04-02-2014, 12:47 AM,
Stone throwing Engine
I am playing Alexandria_47BC in RCW as Hellenistic and i checked the fire range tool and it shows the unit as having no range at all (all greyed out) but in the unit description it shows a range of 20..any ideas?
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 09:22 AM,
RE: Stone throwing Engine
Sometime you need to toggle back and forth for the engine to display things correctly. In that scenario I selected a stone thrower, I hit the range display ( and as you saw, all hexes are shaded ), I then clicked on "arc" display, and then back to the range display and it now correctly highlights the correct range ( which in that scenario is 3 hexes as that is the visibility set by the desighner ( at least until the sun rises) :)
04-02-2014, 11:24 PM,
(04-02-2014, 09:22 AM)TheGrayMouser Wrote: Sometime you need to toggle back and forth for the engine to display things correctly. In that scenario I selected a stone thrower, I hit the range display ( and as you saw, all hexes are shaded ), I then clicked on "arc" display, and then back to the range display and it now correctly highlights the correct range ( which in that scenario is 3 hexes as that is the visibility set by the desighner ( at least until the sun rises) :)

Thanks for that..at least there is a work around.

Totally underrated games these are, really lots of thought gone into the rules etc..and then not turn based..very refreshing.
I think if people persevered with the game and really gave it some time..they would start to see the quirks that put them off disappear.

Is there still an active ladder going for this series do you know?
04-02-2014, 11:42 PM,
The Blitz is where Paul Bruffell (series developer) calls home. He does check these forums boards on a very regular basis.

So if anything else comes up, please feel free to ask any and all of your AW questions and comments right here. Smile

Good Luck!