• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

One Month On...
04-02-2014, 12:23 PM,
RE: One Month On...
(04-02-2014, 09:48 AM)Tide1 Wrote: As DS stated the AOF is critical in the game it can mean the difference between winning and loosing a PBEM game. You don't want those at-guns firing at some smg platoon at max range for instance. :)

Super great advice and thanks also to DS for your recon suggestions. They are very helpful.

Has there ever been any consideration given so that the player #2, would have the option of adjusting their AOF before player #1 gets to make the 1st move?

The reason I ask is basically player #2 is at the mercy of player #1 if they have units conducting automatic defensive fire. In other words, player #2 does not get a chance to edit the AOF settings when the game starts until it is their turn, which by then could possible put them at a disadvantage from the start with their AT guns firing at "low value" targets at long range.

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 03:28 PM,
That's the only real problem I have with the concealment system: you can often spot more units on the first turn than you would later on, because everybody will fire at your units. Most of the units will be range S but that still means they'll fire.
04-02-2014, 03:42 PM,
(04-02-2014, 12:23 PM)Compass Rose Wrote:
(04-02-2014, 09:48 AM)Tide1 Wrote: As DS stated the AOF is critical in the game it can mean the difference between winning and loosing a PBEM game. You don't want those at-guns firing at some smg platoon at max range for instance. :)

Super great advice and thanks also to DS for your recon suggestions. They are very helpful.

Has there ever been any consideration given so that the player #2, would have the option of adjusting their AOF before player #1 gets to make the 1st move?

The reason I ask is basically player #2 is at the mercy of player #1 if they have units conducting automatic defensive fire. In other words, player #2 does not get a chance to edit the AOF settings when the game starts until it is their turn, which by then could possible put them at a disadvantage from the start with their AT guns firing at "low value" targets at long range.

Thanks

We put in what we thought were reasonable defaults in every scenario to prevent this happening. Dog Soldier put an example of the AOF dialogue in his reply and that is close to the current defaults (I'm at work and can't remember the settings for other firing units).

David