• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '14 Update 1.03 Released
04-10-2014, 08:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-10-2014, 08:33 PM by Xaver.)
RE: France '14 Update 1.03 Released
Well, is a question of how do you made the question you know say is a WWI title doesnt made happy my friend Big Grin2

[Image: jackbauertorture02.jpg]

Ummm maybe for me east front has more options in WWI using the actual engine... maybe we can add 1918 campaigns .... but the 1915-16-17 bloodbaths are not very fun... this is why i think see a title covering the Ottoman camapigns could be a good option but lets see what is the name of the superultramega secret WWI title hahaha.

Oooo the new extra zoom used in PzB is going to be used in WWI engine??? i refer that now the magnified zoom in PzC/MC/WWI engine is a little outclassed by PzB zoom in mode.

Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2014, 10:59 PM,
Considering how the war went, and also how it is perceived in history, whichever campaign published is likely to be a disaster for one side or the other (or both).....no worries, I am just joking about titles. I have learned to be patient...
04-11-2014, 04:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 04:41 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
(04-10-2014, 10:59 PM)jim pfleck Wrote: .....no worries, I am just joking about titles. I have learned to be patient...

Indeed, your patience is appreciated, we are going as fast as the spare time outside our real jobs allows us too and like Ed all I can confirm is that the title is a WW1 campaign. Wink

(04-10-2014, 05:17 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:
(04-10-2014, 05:12 AM)Xaver Wrote: Damn, i read first the other post... no 1+1 well, at least we have a 99.99% confirmation 100% no because you can meet a sexy iceberg TEEHEE

Wow! Helmet Smile

Wow x2, maybe we should hit that iceberg after all !! Big Grin2

(04-10-2014, 11:41 AM)merovingian Wrote: Can you reveal what the new title will cover? Eastern Front, I hope.

mervo

Sorry I cannot, it has long been the policy of John Tiller not to reveal the subject of future releases until the big day! Whistle
04-11-2014, 09:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 09:56 AM by PzKw43.)
The current 2x map view is dated and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately at this time John Tiller will not be using the larger map display with current campaign games being developed. Maybe if enough people ask for the new larger display it will be included in new campaign games. Below is an email I received from JTS.

The plan is to port the tile set to the other games, but not actually change the display ratio...at least not as of now.

Regards,
Rich
04-11-2014, 02:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 02:11 PM by Strela.)
(04-11-2014, 09:47 AM)cdrost Wrote: The current 2x map view is dated and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately at this time John Tiller will not be using the larger map display with current campaign games being developed. Maybe if enough people ask for the new larger display it will be included in new campaign games. Below is an email I received from JTS.

The plan is to port the tile set to the other games, but not actually change the display ratio...at least not as of now.

Regards,
Rich

Personally, with the new tile sets being used in Panzer Battles converted to Panzer Campaigns there is not a significant visual difference.

Here is a maximum zoom in Panzer battles;

[Image: 5112f92913PB%20Map.png]

Here is a maximum zoom in Panzer Campaigns using the same tile set;

[Image: aee3ff7a53PC%20Graphics.png]

There is not a massive difference to my eyes.

David
04-11-2014, 07:26 PM,
Yes, in terrain diference is small BUT in counters diference big, PzB total zoom in has them adjust to the new level of zoom but in the other series counters look... strange, not very well defined (and terrain is less defined to), and for example in PzB you have name of unit type in the counter, this extra info help a lot, think in WWI or other serie where we can see the name of battalion in the counter... have the unit name that appear in unit info box in the counter... I.GR.89 for example of course add this to PzB is interesting... i think to improve games UI we need have more info in the map and need less clicks.

Maybe PzB now covers some things old series needs BUT it has their own problems like the use of divisional colours in a game where the scale is smaller.
04-12-2014, 10:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-13-2014, 12:32 AM by PzKw43.)
With the exception of the new Panzer Battles the JTS graphics are dated. I see posts on other forums were people mention they no longer play JTS games because of this.