• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '14 Update 1.03 Released
03-25-2014, 12:49 AM,
RE: France '14 Update 1.03 Released
(03-23-2014, 10:47 PM)Foul. Wrote: as well as a new title in its advanced stages of testing.

Great, i like FWW engine but maybe France14... is not my battle, i have hopes to see after PzB release a FWW title at diferent scale to cover middle east small actions... and of course the big show in Meggido a rare battle in WWI, but i have a vision about cosacks, lakes and 2 commanders singing "Why Can't We Be Friends" Big Grin2

Come on any clue??? Rolling Eyes
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2014, 04:48 AM,
For small scale WW1 actions of course there is Ed's WW1 Squad Battles title although that does not cover the fighting in the Middle East, sorry no clues on the new title, if I did Ed would have me taken out and shot, so I am afraid my "lips are sealed" but I am sure all will be very happy with the title that will be released this year. Wink
03-25-2014, 06:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-25-2014, 06:50 AM by Volcano Man.)
(03-25-2014, 04:48 AM)Foul. Wrote: Ed's WW1 Squad Battles title although that does not cover the fighting in the Middle East

Well, unless you count the Gallipoli campaign -- it is sort of like the Middle East! ;)

Whistle

(03-25-2014, 12:46 AM)Fhil Wrote: Any similar plans in the future for Panzer campaigns?Helmet Smile

I guess they could, it would be up to the PzC scenario designers to request them though.
Send this user an email
03-25-2014, 08:23 AM,
Thanks for all your work.
03-25-2014, 10:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-25-2014, 10:39 PM by Xaver.)
Thanks for the reply.

Well when i refer to small actions i refer to the minor actions in Mesopotamia, Sinai-Palestine and South arabia... of course are big enough battles (not at the WWI levels in west or east) but pretty good to play using at least company scale over battalion level like in France14.

Foul, your loyalty moves me, but i can increase my initial offer, i dont send you one i send you TWO photos in mankini and as bonus a version of beach scen from Dr No movie, is a big deal!!! dont leave it pass!!! Big Grin2

Looks like this year is full of good things, lets see how many Helmet Wink
03-25-2014, 11:04 PM,
Thanks for the update Ed I love this game been playing mostly this since I got it.

One Question me and a lot of the guys I have been playing is that once a unit is broken it never has recovered most of the games we have played are the medium sized 20 to 30 plus turns it seems like you cant get them out of the line of fire because the move at the same rate as the attackers do and also if you manage to get them out of the line of fire a get them to a place where they are not being fired on and not moving they still have never lost their broken status are we doing something wrong or is anybody else having this experience .

Im glad there is going to be another game in this series.

Thanks Ed and your team for the work that goes into getting these games out to us.
03-26-2014, 09:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-26-2014, 09:30 AM by Volcano Man.)
Right, well if there are no other friendly units to cover for that withdrawing broken unit, then you will never be able to recover it -- just keep running for the nearest friendlies or the map edge are really your only two options in that case. The change to broken unit movement was to allow them to move as fast as the advancing enemy infantry so (like the Napoleonic series), you can now at least get away and move behind the next line of defense where (presumably) other friendly units are defending and covering for you to be able to recover.

It also demonstrates that often in WW1 when units were broken, they were pulled waaaay back to the rear to ensure that they actually could recover without being threatened. Then days later they might be sent back to the front, or to some other sector.

Anyway, we are constantly looking at ways to make the battles more fluid and enjoyable. I think the basic mechanics are solid, it just comes down to the subtle tweaks here and there now (I thank the die-hard fans of the series for that). :)

To everyone else:

BTW, I see that SqB:FWW is being mentioned in this thread a few times -- yes, by all means if F14 or FWWC series is not someone's cup o' tea, then please give the Squad Battles version a try! It might be the right level you are looking for. *Jedi hand wave* Big Grin
Send this user an email
03-28-2014, 12:56 AM,
Well, in Nap/ACW/REN/EAW you have the big problem with routed units that can break 2nd line... i prefer dont have troops behind a weak line because in the end you have double units running to the wrong side Gunny

Maybe a rule that made in WWI title that routed units have a bonus when are in the same hex or adjacent hex of a friendly unit to recover Disrupted status... not only the divisional/brigade HQ can prevent these troops leave battle, an official is an official and a blockade for routed units work with rifles from any unit.

But i dont see easy break units in France14, they can eat a lot of damage.

A little question Volcanoman, you are going to use in WWI serie the fanatic nation rule from PzC engine??? maybe in some defensive units and elite units is interesting.

PD: main question for me is release by 100th aniversary or not Big Grin2
03-28-2014, 02:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-28-2014, 02:49 AM by Landser34.)
Hi Xaver I agree the units can take a lot of punishment but once they break they never recover and i'm talking in scenarios that are 20 to 30 plus turns I can see a unit being broken for a few turns until it gets out of the line of fire but in the PZC series when a unit breaks it takes few turns once you get them out of the line of fire to get to disrupted status recover I have yet to see that happen once in this game
03-28-2014, 03:40 AM,
I can confirm that in pbem Campaign games broken units will recover, the same is also true against the AI.