• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Couple of questions?
03-21-2014, 01:01 AM,
Help  Couple of questions?
I've been away from the game a little while now and have been thinking of playing again.

I currently have CMBN, CMBN:CW and CMFI already, but after looking at Battlefronts support page i see that there are now two versions of the games engine and that certain patches only work with certain engines and to make sure you get the correct patches.

My questions are -

1. Whats the difference between the two engines, I know their websites sales pitch makes it sound awesome but is it really worth the cost and have they fixed things like AI pathing?

2. Do i need to buy the upgrade for each title?

3. Can someone with engine 1 play someone with engine 2 and if not which is the most used at the club?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for any help!

TTFN
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2014, 05:43 AM,
RE: Couple of questions?
(03-21-2014, 01:01 AM)Fubar Wrote: I've been away from the game a little while now and have been thinking of playing again.

I currently have CMBN, CMBN:CW and CMFI already, but after looking at Battlefronts support page i see that there are now two versions of the games engine and that certain patches only work with certain engines and to make sure you get the correct patches.

My questions are -

Welcome back...

(03-21-2014, 01:01 AM)Fubar Wrote: 1. Whats the difference between the two engines, I know their websites sales pitch makes it sound awesome but is it really worth the cost and

Only CMBN has an upgrade (both have had patches). I my opinion yes it is worth it.

(03-21-2014, 01:01 AM)Fubar Wrote: have they fixed things like AI pathing?

AI pathing is not something that had work done as far as I can tell.

(03-21-2014, 01:01 AM)Fubar Wrote: 2. Do i need to buy the upgrade for each title?

Just CMBN (CMFI shipped with the uprgraded engine) If you want the buy the MG module it requires the upgrade be installed.

(03-21-2014, 01:01 AM)Fubar Wrote: 3. Can someone with engine 1 play someone with engine 2 and if not

Nope. The version numbers need to match.

(03-21-2014, 01:01 AM)Fubar Wrote: which is the most used at the club?

I am pretty sure most people are totally up to date. Which is 2.12 for CMBN and 1.12 for CMFI.

Ian
03-21-2014, 06:17 AM,
Many thanks for the reply mate, sorry for all the newbish questions! Jester

Cool in that case i shall be purchasing the upgrade then, i fancy the MG expansion as its always been one of the major campaigns thats held my interest. :-)

Tally ho and hope to met you in the trenches soon! Helmet Wink

TTFN
03-21-2014, 08:03 AM,
Just bought the MG+V2.0 upgrade bundle.....downloading now.

Do players still use that second party file swap program (forget its name now)?

TTFN
03-22-2014, 01:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-22-2014, 01:05 PM by LT Belenko.)
(03-21-2014, 08:03 AM)Fubar Wrote: Just bought the MG+V2.0 upgrade bundle.....downloading now.

Do players still use that second party file swap program (forget its name now)?

TTFN

H2HH and dropbox.

Dropbox is mandatory because most email systems wont handle file sizes in CM2X.

H2HH makes it easier to keep track of games when you have more than one or two going at a time. H2HH is up to 2.11.3.
Cigar good.
03-24-2014, 07:26 AM,
Hi yes thats my next attempt setting up H2H as i seem to remember is confused me a bit last time! lol

I have reinstalled CMBN, the V2+MG bundle includes the CMBN 1.11 patch, will that patch also cover CMCW or do i need a separate patch for that?

TTFN
03-24-2014, 08:56 AM,
Yes, it also covers CW.
Send this user an email
03-24-2014, 09:01 AM,
Cheers, well got all CMBN+modules installed and ungraded....had my first play through the training tutorials and it seems to run a lot smoother now, may be just my imagination! Also seem to be a few new orders, will read manual and patch notes first chance i get.

Looking forwards to my first proper game once ive sorted out H2HH, already have a dropbox account.

TTFN