• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

TOAW III aginst AI???
03-18-2014, 11:59 PM,
Help  TOAW III aginst AI???
Hello there!

I realy think of getting TOAW III, because the game looks amazing. However, I am not sure whether I will have time for PBEM play. Is it viable to buy the game and play against AI or is it just too stupid and the game makes no sense without PBEM?
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2014, 06:40 AM,
RE: TOAW III aginst AI???
I'm interested to know this too, though I do prefer PBEM when I have time. A decent AI can also be useful for "learning the ropes"
03-22-2014, 08:51 PM,
The AI beat my PRC's paras on Taiwan badly a few years ago when I used to play against that yet and the sore memory of it still lingers on. However after years of experience, mainly in the PBEM mode, I feel justified to state that the AI is "competent" only when it is supposed to command a superior force of larger numbers and firepower so there's no much finesse to that - just brute force. If You go for the Nazi in the invasion of Netherlands it'll be juggling the Allied forces in a frantic manner with no viable purpose reducing your gameplay to humiliating it time after time and again - a "fun" comparable to beating a drunkard. Then once you try playing that against a human opponent, there'll be no turning back as according to Marquis De Sade you don't switch greater pleasures for lesser ones.

So if you are to play against the AI, play Boonierat's Vietnam combat operations series - they're designed for the PAVN / VC OpFor AI only and are not PBEM capable - but even there it feels kind of artificial and superficial experience with no regard to a huge amount of research, expertise and fine-tuning Stephane put into that.
03-23-2014, 12:57 AM,
Thanks, so it sounds competent enough to help learning the basics, at least