• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Issue with US troops
03-19-2014, 11:17 AM,
RE: Issue with US troops
I've been playing this game since '98. Before the change, the U.S. armored infantry platoon, at a range of 1 hex, had a 12 soft attack value, and a 10 hard attack value. Go into the stock scenario "Still Full of Fight", which takes place in 1945. The armored infantry in this scenario, at a range of 1 hex, has a 10 soft attack value, and a 7 hard attack value. THIS IS NOT THE WAY IT WAS - and all of the stock scenarios are now like this.

I know that others are seeing the same thing. It sucks. Would like to see others weigh in on this.
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2014, 07:33 PM,
I am still trying to get a grip on this bug report.

So what happened took place between 1.03 and 1.04?

I upgraded from TS directly to 1.04 so don't know about interim versions. But what we have now in 2.0 is what we had in 1.04 as well, at least when it comes to US OOBs.

Apart the 2D graphics project of course.
03-20-2014, 08:12 AM,
I don't know, I didn't touch anything except assigning 2d graphics numbers, so wasn't anything I did? Pretty sure Jason didn't do anything either, weird...
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
03-20-2014, 09:38 AM,
Like I said, they've been that way since the 1.04 UPDATE.

They will be changed in the 2.10 UPDATE.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
03-20-2014, 12:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2014, 12:42 PM by Schwerpunkt75.)
(03-20-2014, 09:38 AM)Jason Petho Wrote: Like I said, they've been that way since the 1.04 UPDATE.

They will be changed in the 2.10 UPDATE.

Jason Petho

Jason's correct, the problem showed up with the 1.04 update, not the 2.00. Here's to hoping that 2.10 is not long in coming. I'm shocked no one has reported this before, as it's a very irritating problem that has a major impact on West Front games. While I was deployed to AFG, I tried to play the 101st Airborne LCG, but I stopped because the US Airborne rifle platoons no longer had the ability to destroy German armor with direct fire attacks.
03-23-2014, 10:13 AM,
(03-20-2014, 12:36 PM)Schwerpunkt75 Wrote: Jason's correct, the problem showed up with the 1.04 update, not the 2.00. Here's to hoping that 2.10 is not long in coming. I'm shocked no one has reported this before, as it's a very irritating problem that has a major impact on West Front games. While I was deployed to AFG, I tried to play the 101st Airborne LCG, but I stopped because the US Airborne rifle platoons no longer had the ability to destroy German armor with direct fire attacks.

Hmm... either this is a problem and Matrix should have fixed this is in the 2.00 update (rather than perhaps some of the graphics changes) OR it is not a problem and perhaps someone should confirm that?
03-23-2014, 10:29 AM,
(03-23-2014, 10:13 AM)David G Wrote: Hmm... either this is a problem and Matrix should have fixed this is in the 2.00 update (rather than perhaps some of the graphics changes) OR it is not a problem and perhaps someone should confirm that?

It is an issue and will be corrected in 2.10.

As explained above, it was intended to be fixed for 2.00 but it was decided to release 2.00 before Middle East, that was one of the items that was postponed.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
04-06-2014, 09:34 PM,
Hey Jason:

We appreciate all your (and the entire teams) efforts my friend.

One thing I noticed on the new 2.0 rollout is with all the new (and tiny!) buttons available we don't have a "zoom in" and "zoom out" hot button. This would be nice, and akin to the functions available in map and scenario editor. An easy mod?

Schwerpunkt's point above is valid, and it would be nice to see that remedied at some point in the future. The biggest problem with defaulting to early war US infantry is the firepower change, especially as regards anti-armor attack values.

Scenario designers should be cognizant of this issue when laying out new scenarios. When choosing units from the OOB Editor make sure to go back and check them as you lay them out in Scenario Editor or you're going to end up with de-facto 1941/1942 units in late war scenarios. You can sprinkle in VET and or GREEN units as well as Engineers to provide anti armor capability to help remedy this problem, creating a more accurate late war capability.

As for fixing this issue in the thousands of existing scenarios...I hope it won't require you to go into each and tweak the OOB files...because that's going to be a major piece of work...

Again...thanks for all your efforts here guys...it's great to see the CS has not been forgotten.

Regards,

Dan
04-08-2014, 10:57 PM,
(04-06-2014, 09:34 PM)Dan Caviness Wrote: As for fixing this issue in the thousands of existing scenarios...I hope it won't require you to go into each and tweak the OOB files...because that's going to be a major piece of work...

Yes indeed. Trying to find a way to automate it would be ideal, but alas, right now it involves going into each ORG and SCN file and replacing the platoon ID with the appropriate one.

I'll be going through all the scenarios that come with the West Front install and perform the modifications for the Americans, British and Italians. I started last night and I will include the ones I get through in the 2.01 UPDATE when it comes out.

Hope you're well, Dan!

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
04-10-2014, 05:15 AM,
Well I don't envy you, but I do appreciate it. It's hard to take objectives as the allies right now when your Infantry can't hurt tanks even in the city.