• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

I see you but I don't want to shoot
03-14-2014, 07:16 AM,
I see you but I don't want to shoot
I have been observing numerous infantry units that can see an enemy target but just stay in the 'spotting' mode instead of firing; or you will have one guy out of ten firing and the rest observing. As for those that see but don't shoot, if you manually give the target order they will open fire.

Anyone have an explanation why?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2014, 07:56 AM,
RE: I see you but I don't want to shoot
Well is it possible that only one person in the spotting unit has a line of fire so is the only shooter?
03-14-2014, 06:05 PM,
(03-14-2014, 07:56 AM)Kensal Wrote: Well is it possible that only one person in the spotting unit has a line of fire so is the only shooter?

I think they have a Maximum Range for shooting. So if you hold a SMG and the Enemy Unit is out of its effective Range it will safe Ammo and wont shoot.
03-17-2014, 08:42 AM,
(03-14-2014, 06:05 PM)TimoS. Wrote:
(03-14-2014, 07:56 AM)Kensal Wrote: Well is it possible that only one person in the spotting unit has a line of fire so is the only shooter?

I think they have a Maximum Range for shooting. So if you hold a SMG and the Enemy Unit is out of its effective Range it will safe Ammo and wont shoot.

That doesn't explain it, just played a turn and my AT support unit contained a KAR98 and MG34 and still didn't shoot at the enemy 134m away which they had LOS to and I was able to give a target command too. They were facing in the direction of the enemy also.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
03-17-2014, 10:52 AM,
They have LOS, but somehow their LOF is restricted. Or they can only spot a tiny portion of the enemy infantrymen, which the game renders as a full contact. Can you order area fire? If you can't, the reason could be that one.
03-18-2014, 02:04 PM,
Yes, I have been able to tell them to shoot and they shoot. This happens all the time (ALL THE TIME) to me, I just don't understand it.