• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Docs
03-09-2014, 07:29 AM,
Feedback Needed  Docs
I am not able to activate General Help, User Manual or Campaign Notes from the Help Menu or using the function keys. Any suggestions? Thanks,
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2014, 09:01 AM,
RE: Docs
I'm not trying to be a smartass. Have you tried adobe reader ?
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
03-09-2014, 09:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014, 10:10 AM by Ricky B.)
Actually, from inside the game, I can't open them either! As a matter of fact, none of the help files open from inside the game, including the Help buttons during the game selection dialogs, for optional rules or others.

They open fine from the direct link.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
03-09-2014, 10:34 AM,
Okay, after a hint from David, I have the solution for my case anyway, maybe the same for anyone with this problem. I am running Win 8.1 (and I just LOVE this OS :-O). Anyway, I never had a clue what PDFs were being opened in, but after digging in to answer David's question on this, I found it isn't Adobe Acrobat Reader, it is called Reader and I think it is from Microsoft as a part of Win 8.1. Anyway, I just installed the latest Acrobat Reader and the links/help all work just fine.

Give it a try and see if that is the problem.
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
03-09-2014, 11:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014, 11:27 AM by Tide1.)
That's what I meant Rick I have Adobe Reader XI
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
03-09-2014, 01:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014, 01:39 PM by Fast Heinz.)
@Tide1

Really?

I have adobe reader and I keep what docs I need pulled up on a second monitor. I am not a dolt and don't need insinuations I might be.

Just trying to point out that the feature does not work as advertised. It might be nice if it did although it is not vital.

Haven't been here for a while. Thanks for the welcoming sarcasm. It really makes me feel at home.

I will crawl back in my hole and pull the rock over my head.

Carry on...

Obtw, Panzer Battles:Kursk vastly exceeds my expectations. I have been waiting for this series for ten years since I saw it announced on JTSW website. I had given up hope.

I have had my turn being a critic of features of John Tiller's games. But no more. This scale is just right and Kursk is a great venue for its debut. Thanks to those whose devotion to it finally paid off.
03-09-2014, 09:13 PM,
@Fast Hienz..I honestly don't think he was trying to be funny mate.
Send this user an email
03-09-2014, 10:54 PM,
Thank You Wodin.

Hienz it's nice to see you like the new game. I wasn't being sarcastic at all and David wants everyone to state their concerns about the game so feel free to comment anytime.
personally I don't have an opinion on anyone's living arrangements.
Have a nice day.
03-10-2014, 01:03 AM,
I had the same issue but just kind of put up with it. I had a version of Adobe called "the corporate edition" that was not as impressive as it sounds. Anyhow it didn't work with the help button. I deleted it and installed the latest version of Acrobat Reader and now everything works fine.
03-10-2014, 06:38 AM,
Sorry, I was oversensitive. It was a gut reaction after my experience at some other gaming websites. My apologies. I was just trying to be helpful.

(And it hasn't been ten years looking forward to this game. John Tiller Software went up in Dec, 2010 (I looked if up). Sometime early, if not at the beginning, they posted a blank section for Panzer Battles. Have been looking forward to it since.)

(03-09-2014, 10:54 PM)Tide1 Wrote: Thank You Wodin.

Hienz it's nice to see you like the new game. I wasn't being sarcastic at all and David wants everyone to state their concerns about the game so feel free to comment anytime.
personally I don't have an opinion on anyone's living arrangements.
Have a nice day.